Act Two | Upon Wallflowers | P.3

Act Two
Part Three
2.3
October 19th

~•~•~•~

Eren

As I laid in the stretcher, I couldn't stop looking around me. I felt fine, but the nurses refused to let me out of my bed. I didn't know why. The people around me looked terrified, holding on to any bit of sanity they had. As we ran down the roads towards the evacuation quarters, the sound of the sirens kept blaring, and the ground was thumping and vibrating from the titans' steps. I had never seen titans so tall other than the colossal titan long ago. These beasts were half the size of the wall, and they towered over everything.

I wasn't worried about myself, nor was I worried about anyone. The only one I was truly terrified for was Mikasa. She had grown so much stronger than me, but she was still reckless. What would I have done if I had lost her then.

These words echoed in my mind, but those thoughts were interrupted by loud booming scattering across town. Some parts of the wall that were still in tact had begun collapsing. Suddenly, more titans, but we didn't have enough people.

Would humanity win this fight?

Levi

Almost in an instant I was maneuvering throughout town, looking for any and all injured citizens. Luckily, we could see the titans throughout the city due to their unusual heights. Still, it was beyond terrifying to see so many titans towering over every building standing in Rose. As my team and I passed another corner, we spotted a titan about the size of a building. It was slightly bent over and had its hand poking and prodding in the windows of a house. Just then, the titan took it's filthy fingers out of the home and looked down into its hand. Lying on its palm was a woman, clearly injured and screaming in absolute horror. At that moment, I knew I had very little time. I turned and hooked onto the nape of its neck and on the side of a building to give me good movement. At such a high speed, I dashed past the titan, slicing through its nape like butter against a hot blade. It fell to its side, but not before closing its hand. My team and I rushed to the titan and quickly began slicing at the it's hand. Eventually, we saw the hand of a woman. As carefully as possible, we pulled her out. Luckily, she wasn't too injured. It seemed like she broke her leg, but was still conscious and aware. One of my field officers took her to the evacuation quarters and we went on, hoping to find more survivors who had a more unfortunate evacuation.

Eventually we had evacuated as many people that we could find to the City of Patriel. As the remainder of my squad entered Patriel, people began to clap. Those who we had saved were overly appreciative and thanked us endlessly. Even so, I continued to feel that uneasy feeling in my stomach and I could not focus. I didn't know what was happening, but I knew it wouldn't be good. As the gate to Patriel closed, everyone was excited and cheering. We had more people underground than expected, but I thought that hopefully we could've preserved the human race if we all stuck in Patriel. Still, we constantly felt the rumbling of the city from all the titans walking and running around.

"Everyone listen to me," I shouted, hoping to speak above all else who was speaking, "all who are injured, please let our field officers help you to the hospital. We can't be losing anyone. Any and all sold-" just then, I was cut off by a man practically screaming over me.

"Come on everybody! Do you really want to listen to this man?" As I looked into the crowd, I saw a man standing on a large rock, hoping to be both above me and louder than me. The man turned and gave me a look that was intended to intimidate, "how many of your children has this man killed? How many deaths do we have to endure until you all realize his murderous treachery?!"

As he continued to speak, I started to notice who he actually was. He wore a uniform and maneuver gear, but I couldn't see the symbol on his jacket. Even so, I already knew who he was. The man looked me dead in the eyes and spoke again, "you think a man this mentally unstable can lead you all? You think that after losing his whole family he is well enough to keep you alive when he couldn't even keep them alive? What happened to the military police's rule over the people. WE keep the order, not the Survey Corps. I keep the order, not Commander Levi that you all love so dearly."