Broken

Wanting to find out what was going on Feister carefully, quietly, and slowly crept closer. She ducked behind some people that were walking by; luckily they paid no mind to her. Then she ducked behind a bush before peeking over the green leaves and brown twigs. She was at a distance where they couldn't see her, but that also meant she couldn't hear what they were talking about. Which meant that she could only hear snippets of their conversation.

"...why are...all the time..."

"...that's cause...I... "

"...what's wrong..... ...."

"...nothin'........friend...."

"...well.... that..."

In that moment Feister felt her heart drop, her blood ran cold; she went numb as she felt her face grow red hot. Not sure if she was sad, mad, or shocked, all she knew that she didn't like what she was seeing.

She wanted to leave, but she couldn't feel her feet, which felt like they were glued to the ground. Because this girl that she didn't know, or has even met, was kissing Mush. as in her best friend. With every second Feister grew more and more angry. Because the kiss lasted a long time.

When they finally let go she let out a sigh of relief. Then Feister saw Mush brush away the girl's hair and kiss her again. At that point Feister had seen and heard enough. She got up from her hiding spot and ran off while trying to hold back her tears. She ran down the street, pushing past people who didn't pay any attention to her.

She didn't know where she was going; all she knew is that she wanted to get as far away from the park, and her so called best friend, and his girl. She ran into a small alley, pushed her back up against the brick wall and then slowly fell to the ground while hugging her knees to her chest as she rested her face on her knees.

She sat there alone in the alley while a million things ran through her mind. She wasn't sure if she wanted to go back to The Lodging House and face him, and all the others.

"Feister?" a small, quiet, voice asked. "What's wrong?" he kneeled down beside her, trying to get her to look up. "Did the Delanceys do somethin'?" he checked her over for injuries. Luckily she was in one piece.

"Go away, Jojo," Feister replied. She felt Jojo slip his hands under her arms to pull her up. She almost plopped back down, but he caught her in time, then held the upper sides of her arms.

"What happened?" he asked again while scanning her face for a clue. But her face was blank and her eyes were empty.

"I said nothin'! So just leave it!" she yelled before running off. All she wanted was to be left alone, but by the looks of things that wasn't going to happen.

"Hey wait up," he yelled, running after her. But he lost sight of her in the busy streets of New York City. Feister was really fast, and with her height it would be even harder to find her. Jojo just hoped that she went where he thought she did, otherwise he'd be in hot water.

───── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────

"Guys, is Feister here?" Jojo asked as he entered the bunk room, only a few of the boys were there taking a break before going back out again.

"Yeah." Elmer replied. "Came in here an' went straight into 'er room." he tilted his head to the door and Jojo let of a sigh of relief. "Jack tried ta tawk ta 'er but you'se know how she is. Do ya know anything?"

"I found 'er in a alley an' she seemed really upset bout somethin'; when I's asked what was wrong she just stormed off," he explained. When afternoon came Jack told Specs to stay with Feister since chances were low that she was going back out again.