Chapter - 26

Chirping sound of birds came like a melodious song. Meera opened her eyes and was confused about the environment, after few minutes she recognized that she was in her native place. Since she had a good sleep she forgot about the environment. She didn't find Maaya near her, so she thought she was late. She took a quick shower and got ready for the pooja held before marriage ceremony.

She came out of the room and searched for Maaya but couldn't find her. She went to kitchen where she found her aunt, Vimala. "Athama, where are the others?" She asked. "Meera, you woke up finally. Pooja started early morning dear. We tried to wake you up, but you was sleeping peacefully. So they went. Wait I'll call Shravan, he will take you to temple" she said with smile. "Why you didn't join them athama" she asked. "No one is here to see these arrangements dear, so I want to be here. You go there and pray well" she said with smile.

Vimala is Meera's favourite in her relative side, her father's only sister. She lost her husband in her young age but brought up her son as a single parent very bravely. Shravan is Vimala's only son, he is the groom, six years elder than Meera. He completed masters in Agri because of his love towards plants and nature.

Atharva as Shravan

He always care her like his own sister and will take her side every time

He always care her like his own sister and will take her side every time. But with Maaya its opposite. They both were like Tom and Jerry, fighting and arguing evry time. Maaya always get irritated because of his teasing. She always prefer modern dress and modern lifestyle where he is a tradition lover and likes everything to be traditional. They always end up in fighting because of their dissimilarity.
It was a tradition to perform some rituals in temple before marriage, so everyone gathered in the temple.

Shravan reached home, "kuttyma, you finally waked up" he said with a smile. "Why you didn't wake me up maama? I'm angry on you" she said sadly. "You travelled long distance, so you was tired and slept peacefully. I don't want anyone to disturb your sleep, so only we left without waking you up. Now also its okay, you come with me, still some rituals are yet to be done" he said sweetly.

"Okay, as you are the groom I'm forgiving you. Come let's go" she said happily and went with him to their family deity temple. Meera loved that village atmosphere very much and she always like to visit there atleast once in a year.

Rituals were done perfectly and everyone's face indicated their happiness since it was the first marriage of this generation in Meera's family. All her family members gathered in the temple and everyone welcomed her with happy face and her cousins teased her for sleeping too long. Meera faked anger and finally everyone laughed and that became a happy moment. It will really be an excitement to meet our family members after long time.

After the rituals, they returned home and under Vimala's guidance there arranged a big feast. Food was tasty and everyone enjoyed the lunch.

After lunch, Meera went to see Shravan. He smiled at her. "Maama, I haven't met your bride yet. When will you introduce her to me?" she asked with excitement. "I too never talked with her, I will introduce after marriage", he said with a wink.