Chapter 19 | Hospital visit

'So baby tell me where your love lies
Waste the day and spend the night
Underneath the sunrise
Show me where your love lies'

ʅ(◞‿◟)ʃ

A c e

I drove to the mansion all alone after I talked to Ray. I never considered the mansion my home since I always thought it was so big.

I hate myself for putting Ray through the pain I put her in by kissing that dirty brunette I forgot the name off. I also figured that since she didn't come looking for me, she got occupied by people. I hate myself for causing her all the pain and I wish I could go back.

I walk into the kitchen and feel it empty and boring. The lively conversations me and Ray had still in mind though. It felt like this house did not belong to me anymore, it belonged to Ray.

Or maybe a piece of me now belongs to Ray, but she doesn't know it. I can't help the thought of going back to just look in her eyes and breathe the same air she breaths, touch her cheek or just hold her hand.

Instead, I go to what used to be my coping mechanism, the gang's warehouse.

I arrive there and everyone starts cheering me and giving me little nudges here and there. I guess they haven't seen me in a while.

"Who do you want to see?" The bartender named Sam, one of the gang's spies, asks.

"Any buff guy that's okay with having a few things broken today," I chug a beer down before walking to the fighting area.

And so, I charge at him, imagining my face on his and start beating me?

After a long while of beating everyone that was up for a fight, I sit down and see one miscall from Ray and my heart leaps out of my chest.

I quickly leave the warehouse and call her back thinking of a million possibilities of why she would call.

"Is this King speaking?" I hear her friend's voice.

"Where's Ray?" I get irritated and disappointed to not hear her voice.

"We're at a hospital. She collapsed and I didn't want to take any chanc-"

"Which hospital?" I say in a cold voice.

She tells me the address and I zoom to the place. The only thing I could do was blame myself for every wrong thing that has happened to her.

When I arrive and the receptionist recognises my face, she tells me the information needed quickly and doesn't cause any trouble.

I barge into the room when I see the familiar number and see Ray hooked to many wires talking with the red head.

"You invited him?!" She exclaims.

"I didn't want him to kill me after finding out you were in a hospital and he wasn't informed," the other friend defends.

"He keeps tabs on me, he would've still known," I'm surprised she knew that. Of course it's just for protection.

"I'm going to leave and not become more of a third wheel here," and so, Ray and I are left alone in the room.

"What happened?" She ignores me, and damn it hurts.

After staring at each other, she sighs defeated. "I really can't do fights or drama," she confesses.

"I guess finding you kissing someone, getting hypothermia, getting shot, and seeing you wasn't the best for my old little heart," she laughs a little.

"I'm so sorry," I look at the ground, ashamed of myself.

"Ace, I really can't deal with us arguing, I never kept up with drama and I know you didn't mean to kiss that girl," she motions for me to come closer so I do.

"The brunette is dead if you were wondering," I say casually and she chokes on air.

"I was not wondering! Jesus! What happened to her?" She panics.

"Well, she was a traitor and gave some important information to another gang. My people took a vote and decided to, you know, end it," I shrug my shoulders as she just stares at me with her mouth open.

"I was trying to find out what she told them since she was drunk-"

"Ace, just stop talking about this subject please," she cuts me off.

"So, am I somewhat forgiven?" I plead.

"Ugh, I could never not forgive you. The second you walked in to Rose's, I wanted to tell you that," she takes a hold of my hand and brings it up to her cheek, sighing in bliss.

"You coming home then?" She nods with her eyes closed.

I just stare at her my mind exploding with emotions for this fragile girl that I will give my life to whenever.

That's when I realize, my home is her. She's everything, she makes me laugh, happy. Just thinking about how much I care about her scares me.

I don't only care for her, I love her.

"Ace? You okay?" My thoughts get cut off.

"You looked serious for a moment there, you startled me," she chuckles.

I have to tell her how I feel, now. I can't waste more ti-

"Hi, I'm here to check on your vitals," a male doctor enters and I stop myself from knocking him out.

"Cool, can we also talk in private?" Ray offers and I look at her weirdly.

"Since when was this a thing?" I whisper in her ear.

"Yes, of course," he looks at me scared. I sigh and get out of the room