43. Good Feelings

VICTORIA

VICTORIA

The next morning, everyone were heading to the cafeteria for breakfast. I barely slept last night. I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. Will and my kiss. My first kiss.

I needed to talk to Will, needed to see him, needed him to assure me that what happened last night was real.

Lost in my own thoughts, I was walking almost too quickly through the corridors that when I turned left, I crashed right into a hard chest. I stumbled backwards, but the person in front of me was quick to grab my shoulder, keeping me steady on my feet.

I lifted my gaze and met a pair of sky blue eyes. Will smiled to me and my heart instantly skipped a beat. Since it was Saturday, just like everybody, he wasn't wearing his uniform. He wore dark jeans and a plain white t-shirt while his hair was damp on the ends after a shower. Something was different about him. His face was glowing.

I, on the other hand, still wore my night clothes. White comfy shorts and and an old grey t-shirt. My hair wasn't brushed and looked like a crumpled bird nest while my glasses rested crookedly on my nose.

"Oh, hi," I blurted out, shyly.

Dang it, Tori!

Wait. Tori?!

Dang it! This guy is rubbing off on me.

"Hey," he said, slightly biting his bottom lip in the most adorable way possible.

"Can we um, talk...about us?" I asked, suddenly a pang of nervousness igniting within my chest.

Will nodded and casually grabbed my hand, his warmth radiating over to me. I followed him to an empty classroom. He shut the door behind us and suddenly placed his hands on my waist, lifting me up. I gasped while he chuckled and put me down on a table so our eye level matched. Standing before me, he took both of my hands in his and looked at me with softened eyes.

Before I could speak, Will started talking. "Listen, if you don't want us to be official or even do this girlfriend and boyfriend thing yet, I completely understand that."

"No, I want to. I just," I paused, exhaling a nervous breath. "I often feel suicidal. My mental health is very bad. I'm a burden. I don't even know when I'll stop breathing. I can't take care of myself. You can't expect me to be able to take care of anyone else. I'm not ready, and I don't think I'll ever be ready to be a part of a relationship. 

Will's softened expression fell as he tried a stoic smile while trying to conceal the disappointment that left him heartbroken.