28. Cherishing Her

RACHEL

RACHEL

A few days later, I entered the briefly empty history classroom and found Will sitting next to the window in the second row. By being busy in his own notes, he was oblivious to me standing before him with a smile on my face. It felt good to have him back in my life. It really did.

"Morning," I said.

Will's head jerked up from his notebook and his dazzling sky blue eyes met mine. A smile tugged on his lips by the sight of me.

"Rachel, hey. Morning," he said, the slightest of surprised. However, it only lasted for a few seconds before he smiled brightly.

"Is this seat taken?"

"No, but not anymore."

I grinned and so did Will. I sat down next to him on the empty seat before he shoved his notes to the side and focused his attention on me.

"I never asked. How was your first sleepover with Madelaine a few days ago?"

The past few days Madelaine and I had sleepovers every night and it truly was fun and comforting.

"It was great. Maddie opened up completely to me and so did I. It felt so good to just talk and listen to each other. I really had a good time," I answered.

Will smiled. "That's awesome."

I nodded before offering a smile of my own.

"Can I ask you for something?" He asked, slightly nervous.

"Of course."

"I want to go on a date with you," he said.

Flustered and astonished, I narrowed my gaze while my eyes froze on him.

"Not a date, but like an ending date to our romantic relationship and a start to our friendship relationship. I just want to end what we had in a a completely different way. Nothing like how I ended what we had by leaving you in that condition that night. I want to make up for what I did and I want us to end what we had in a good way. We can do it on the school roof just like old times. Is that okay? You can say no if you want to. I mean, I don't want to force you or anything,-"

"I want to," I cut him off.

Will looked at me with a surprised expression. "Really?"

"Yes. That sounds really nice. I also want to end what we had in a good way and then start our friendship relationship with no guilt and no regrets," I admitted.