Part 16 - May 14th

"Em, we're so sorry, dear," my mother said, her eyes glinting. "We really wanted to spend some time with you today."

"It's fine, mom," I said, shrugging. "Really."

"Oh, but it's not just that," my mom suddenly blurted. "We might not be able to spend Tuesday with you, either."

Sigh.

"Mom, I'm telling you I'm fine. If Mr. O'Connell is calling you for an emergency, then it's fine. It's not a big deal."

My mom sighed. "Thank goodness. We'll see you tomorrow then, dear." She planted a kiss on my forehead.

"We'll see you around, kiddo," Atticus said, ruffling my hair. I smiled as the two walked out the door, a small navy blue duffel bag in Atticus's hand. Once the door closed with a tiny click, I grabbed my hairbrush and put my hair into a low ponytail. I grabbed my bag and headed out the door to meet Yoongi.

He had asked me yesterday if I could come a bit earlier today, for he was busy later on.

I didn't really want to adjust my schedule just for him, but I wasn't doing anything, so I told him 'sure.'

I walked up the stairs and sat down on the bench, waiting for Yoongi to come. It was 9:21 AM.

After a few minutes, I saw him walk over and sit down next to me.

"Hi Emilienne," he said.

"Hey, Yoongi," I replied. "You ready?"

He nodded his head. I handed him my phone, open to the translation app.

He typed something into the app.

I took the phone and raised an eyebrow as I read it over. "Yoongi, we've already done this. It's easy."

"I know," he replied. "But I want to do it again."

I was still skeptical, but read out the phrase. "How are you?"

"I'm fine," Yoongi mumbled,  writing it down. "You?"

I smirked. "I see. Yeah, I'm good."

He reached for my phone. I handed it to him.

"What are you doing today?" I translated. "Nothing."

He nodded and took the phone.

"Do you want to go somewhere with me?"

I raised my eyebrows and looked up at a shy, but smiling Yoongi.

"Like where?" I asked.

"I do not know," he replied. "Maybe the CVM."

What was that?

A pharmacy like CVS?

Clearly, Yoongi could tell I was confused.

"The Center for Visual Music," he said. "I thought it would be fun."

I considered this for a second.

I didn't know all that much about Yoongi, but I was certain that he was trustworthy.

After all, if he wanted to kidnap me, he had had various opportunities to do so.

"Sure," I said. "But, didn't you say that you were busy?"

He smiled. "I did, but my plans were cancelled."

I smirked. "Okay. I guess that we'll go after this, right?"

"Yes."

"Okay," I handed him my phone again. "Now write something that you actually need help with." I teased.