6 | hypothermic

[day 4]

•••

two hours had passed and the night was getting washed away with merciless december wind. haewon could feel the cold to her bones. to her bones. her lips cracking and pale. her skin was cold as ice. her whole body was numbing.

but jimin probably felt more cold. he gave his blazer to her. for a second, haewon felt guilty. her eyelids were actually heavy once more, as if her eight hours of sleep wasn't enough.

she glanced at jimin who hadn't moved in his spot. she squinted her eyes to get a better look and saw that he was sleeping. but maybe he is dead?

"hey, jimin." haewon called out lamely. her voice cracked - her throat was dry.

jimin didn't budge. hell, he looks like a corpse at the corner of the room. his body that curled into a ball, looked lifeless. haewon hates him and says she'd rather die than getting near him.

it wasn't all that true.

haewon mustered up all the strength she had left and crawled like a baby on the floor. as her palms kissed the floor, she felt the insane cold pricked her flesh, she was totally awoke thanks to that.

"jimin, park jimin!" haewon noticed his lips turning pale. it was usually soft pink.

his face really did looked like a corpse. his face was pale as if there was no blood running through them anymore. but haewon could hear his ragged breathing as she inched closer to his face. it hit her like a truck that his condition was really severe.

"shit!" haewon hastily took off jimin's blazer that was resting on her shoulders.

haewon could care less about her hatred and anger towards him. haewon would rather get close to him than dying. haewon could forget about how cruel park jimin was to her.

"hang on there." haewon put the blazer on jimin's body. his body was cold, colder than a dead body.

haewon was really confused. park jimin, who only cared for his self, became hypothermic because he gave his blazer to her. park jimin, who used pranks that could've killed her. she couldn't understand a thing.

for the first time, haewon witnessed park jimin's vulnerable side. his numbing body, his chattering teeth, and pale as ghost skin.

haewon huffed a sigh and train of white smoke swirled in the air. she shifted closer towards jimin, putting her arms around jimin to warm him up. she hated it but she'd rather hates it than letting him die.

his head fell on the side of her neck like withered leaf. his nose slightly brushing against her neck and his cold breaths grazed against her skin. it sent shivers down her spine, but couldn't tell because it was too cold.

"i know you can hear me, jimin. I'm doing this because I don't want you to die in a pitiful way," haewon breathed, "but I still think you're an asshole whatever it is."

"you're nasty even in such a vain situation." jimin suddenly spoke, barely. haewon was startled when his lips moved against her neck as he talked.

it made her heart thumped faster than before. she wanted to lie, god, she wished to lie but she can't. it felt warmer than before. maybe because they shared the body heat.

haewon was puzzled. park jimin made her heart thumped faster. the man with void like eyes and cheshire cat smirks did it.

"what type of man do you like, haewon?" jimin started again and he said her name. it felt weird coming out of his mouth because it was smooth and gentle.

he usually says her name with sarcasm but she couldn't detect it anymore.

"type of man that I like?" haewon gave it a thought but suddenly, someone unexpectedly popped up in her head.

a man with dirty blonde hair, cocoa eyes, pure smiles and beautiful hands. why did I thought of that?

"nothing special. I like a guy whose hair isn't the colour of dirty blonde, eyes that isn't like warm cocoa, smiles that aren't blinding and hands that are not beautiful than mine." haewon stated the biggest lie in life.

haewon didn't know what kind of expression park jimin was wearing as his face was against her neck, but she was glad he couldn't see the lies written all over her face.

"you have weird taste."

"shut up. what about you then?"

jimin went silent when it was his turn. but it was temporary.

"i like a girl with hair like a waterfall of raw honey, eyes that looks like stars were sewn into them and smiles that could make my dull days painted with her colours." he uttered, sending haewon speechless.

god, he described the dream woman like she completed his life. jimin lifted his head from haewon's shoulder and his eyes met hers. his eyes flashed an entire different emotion in them. god damn, she was devastated that she couldn't decipher what was playing in his eyes.

"who is that woman, I wonder?" haewon wanted to sound sarcastic but she sounded more like she was really curious.

"she's here. right in front of my eyes."

haewon's heart stopped beating altogether.