CHAPTER 9

It took a few minutes before I finally calmed down. I was still traumatized in killing a stranger but Rebekah was right. If I were to get back at them, I can't have a soft heart.

"What time is it?" I asked, staring at the floor.

"10 am," She responded, "Transition takes a while,"

"But I didn't drink your blood," I stated, "How am I vampire?"

"You drank it last night, love," Klaus responded, handing me a glass of water, "We used it to heal you. It only leaves your system after 24 hours,"

I nodded, taking a sip of the water, "What do I have to do now?"

"First, you need to learn control," Kol said, "Your emotions and your hunger. Good thing we know exactly the person who's perfect for the job,"

As he said that, a man, who looked like Kol, stepped in the room. He wore a perfectly ironed suit and he looked to be the oldest out of all of them.

"Persephone, meet Elijah Mikaelson," Rebekah introduced, "Our eldest brother,"

"Lovely to meet you, Persephone," He said, flitting to where I was and grabbing a hold of my hand. He placed a chaste kiss on my knuckles and pulled me up to stand. I looked at Klaus, confused, but his eyes held a twinge of jealousy.

"N-nice to meet you too," I stuttered out.

"My siblings have informed me of your...situation. I find myself surprised as I did not expect this from Ms. Gilbert or any of her friends," Elijah stated, "Fortunately, I'm willing to help,"

"This is how it's going be," Klaus started, "Elijah will be helping you control your new vampire abilities. Rebekah volunteered to help with your physical necessities and...other lady things,"

"What will you and Kol be doing?" I asked.

"I will help you learn how to fight. God knows you need it with your lanky arms and what not," Kol answered with a mischievous smile.

"What about Klaus?"

"I have important matters to attend to," He responded, "Don't worry your pretty, little head, love. I'd be around,"

"Why are you all dead set on helping me?" I questioned. There's a team and everything. I don't understand why they'd help poor, old me.

"Because no one deserves what you're going through," Klaus stated, pain evident in his eyes. I started to realize how Klaus doesn't physically show his emotions. Has anyone felt what this man had gone through by looking at him in the eye? Because I sure have.

"Come, Persephone," Elijah said, breaking my eye contact with Klaus, "Being a newly, turned vampire, your appetite must be begging for blood,"

He's right. I can hear a hundred heartbeats overlapping and I don't know where they're coming from. I can feel my fangs daring to come out but Elijah grabbed my arm and flitted us to a dark, cemented room.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"The dungeon,"

A/N:

Hi! I usually don't like leaving author's note but if you receive multiple updates in one day, it's because it's summer where I am and I have waaay too much free time. Feel free to comment and pm anytime! <3