Chapter 34

I had been up for awhile now. The nightmares were relentless, keeping me up all night.

Around 6:30, I couldn't stand sitting around in the silence listening to Logan snore peacefully, so I got up and took a shower. Usually I would've had the water turned to as hot as possible, but today I barely had the water on. The pressure was still nice, but the temperature of the water chilled me to my bones.

Goosebumps raised up on my skin as the icy water hit my back causing me to start shivering a little bit. After a few minutes, I was fully awake- not that I wasn't before- and the last remaining pieces of my nightmare slipped down the drain.

When I was done with the shower, I hopped out and was thankful for the towel that I wrapped around me. The air was cold and mixed with the temperature of the shower, my teeth were chattering.

I quickly dried off and threw on my outfit for the day: a creme colored sweater, a black and white plaid skirt, tights and my signature over-the-knee boots. I didn't bother drying my hair or putting much effort into my look and exited the bathroom.

"Morning Princess. You're up early." Logan sat up in bed, his voice still coated with remnants of sleeping, making it sound more husky than usual. It was hot none the less.

"Couldn't sleep. Sorry." I laid down next to him on top of the sheets, making sure my shoes didn't touch the covers.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and laid his head across my stomach, "Why are you apologizing? You can't help it if you can't sleep. Never apologize for what you can't control."

Even though he couldn't see me right now, I smiled down at him.

Suddenly, with a quick change of energy, Logan jumped up and ran to his closet. "Shit, I'm going to be late for school." I laughed at his franticness, and didn't bother to tell him that we still had an hour until school started.

He quickly changed in the bathroom and jumped back out, slipping on a pair of black vans, all the while mumbling, "Shit shit shit shit."

I giggled at him and when he shot me a confused glance, I showed him the time on my phone. "You couldn't have warned me earlier?" He asked before standing up again.

"I don't think I've ever seen you move that fast." I leaned back on his pillows and watched him.

"Well get prepared to see it again." I didnt even have the chance to say what before he jumped down, caging me beneath him. "You asked for it." He started tickling my side's, still blocking me from being able to escape. All I could do was sit there and take it.

"S-stop it," I giggled, "Stop right now or I will-"

"You'll what?" He raised his eyebrows in challenging manner, but he stopped tickling me for a brief moment.

"I'll do this." I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself up slightly so our faces were inches apart.

His eyes shifted down to my lips then back up to my eyes. I leaned in ever slightly and gently pressed my lips against his, then pulled back. "Lets go get breakfast before school." I put my hands on his chest and pushed him back so I could get up.

"Wait. You can't just kiss me like that then walk away." He still sat there on his bed with a dazed look on his face.

"But I just did." I blew him a kiss and winked, slamming the door behind me and humming under my breath.

To be honest, I didn't want to stop kissing him. When I was with Logan, I felt safe and accepted, and kissing him was no different. When we kissed, it felt like nothing in the world could hurt me or separate us. I felt ethereal, like I was flying in the clouds.