chapter 30: I just don't want to

"Why are you here?" I asked, stomping my feet against the ground as my body shivers because of the cold breeze.

"To go sky diving" he replies "Why do you think?"

I roll my eyes at his sarcasm as I throw my leg over my door frame to stop him from entering my house. "I told you I wanted a divorce"

His hands roughly grab my leg, holding it in a raised position as I slap him in pain.

"That's what I should be saying" he snapped "do you know the mess you've left behind?"

I gulped. Maybe storming out dramatically and revealing our whole fake relationship to his family wasn't such a good idea. Specially since his grandfather got hospitalised.

"I-" I began to apologise but he released my leg, causing me to stumble back as he entered my house with 5 luggages dragging behind him.

"Why do you look like you're moving in?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at his luggages praying it wasn't true.

"Because I am"

No.

Hell no.

It hasn't even been a month since I walked out of his life so why is he back in mine? Jesus, can I not live peacefully for once.

I chase after Liam as he walks up the stairs heading straight into my bedroom.

"No"

"Yes" he mumbled, throwing himself into my bed and snuggling under my covers like he owned it. I sigh, watching him carefully.

"Liam"

"I'm tired" He said, cutting me off as he refused to listen.

"we agreed" I began hesitating before I forced the words out "to get a divorce"

"I'm tired Adeline" He repeated, coldly. 

He refused to acknowledge the truth. The truth was, that night was the end of it all. He said we could never have a normal relationship when there's a million of things stopping us two and one of it was feelings. Why did he assume I had none for him and why did he admit he had none for me?

I let my emotions run wild because I was hurt deeply and I hurt him with me. How could I ever think this was actually going to work out? a relationship based on lies on top of lies and false hope.

I sighed. Yanking a few pillows under Liam and walking into the guest room. The least he could return is my pillows after stealing my whole bed.

I sigh, knowing well that I wasn't going to get any sleep tonight so I stumbled downstairs and into the kitchen grabbing all the ice cream I had before going into the living room and throwing myself on the couch whilst turning on the TV.

Just while I was about to enjoy my scoop of ice cream, I heard a creak from the stairs, scaring the crap out of me. I froze, terrified of ghosts coming after me. The whole month I made sure Adrian stayed with me and just when I thought my house was ghost free something decides to turn up to kill me.

Liam must have brought his whole ancestors with him.

I took a deep breath and turned my head slowly, reading all the prayers to save my ass only to drop my ice cream and scream alongside with the devil himself. 

"holy shit!" I shirked.

"thats my line" Liam grunted, holding his hand against his chest. 

"Why are you awake?!" I hissed, throwing my precious dropped ice cream at him.