Chapter 24

I am so very grateful to all the people who are reading and voting on my story, I can't believe it has passed 2200 reads!! Thank you so much!!

Axels pov

It's been 4 hours, 4 hours in awkward silence with the occasional, just as awkward, glance. Holy shit, I'm going to scream!

But as I see a welcomed sign along the road I finally have something that might break the tension. 

"Wanna get something to eat?"

"Heck yeah, I'm starving!"

We both agree that McDonald's is the place to go, so I follow the signs and pull into the parking lot in no time.

We head inside and go straight to the front to order.

Leila seems to be a McDonald's connoisseur, cause she knows what she wants without glancing at the menu. "I'll have the Grand Big Mac with a large fries and a large coke, a chocolate shake and a McFlurry with oreo." She wasn't kidding when she said she was hungry, that's impressive.

"I'll have the same thing, except make my shake strawberry and I want a Bacon McDouble as well." What? I'm hungry too, and werewolf, we burn calories like crazy. "Oh, and apple slices, and an apple pie."

Alpha Colleen lent us a nice sum of money, so when the cashier gives us the total it doesn't even dent our budget.

While we wait for our order we spot a nice table along the windows and as Leila sits down I go to get straws, ketchup and napkins. The thing that doles out ketchup is empty so I have to get those little packets, I hate those things, I always tear them wrong and end up with ketchup on my hands or shirt.

I take a good look at Leila heading back, she looks amazing today. It's probably just because I have been away from her for so long, but I could swear that her scent is even sweeter than it usually is. I can't even begin to describe how happy I am that she agreed to give me another chance, and this time I won't blow it.