18: love's rival

"Why are you looking so glum? It's the schooltrip to Gyeongju tomorrow, you know?" Yoongi ruffles my hair gently, his eyelashes fluttering shut. I could tell immediately that he had stayed up the entire night.

His worried eyes flared up as soon as he saw the dark circles around my eyes. Little did he know, I was concerned about something else, that the long awaited trip had left my mind.

Jungkook.

It's been two days since I last saw him, and I've felt the dread and guilt piling in my heart. I was staying away for two reasons :  confirmation of his feelings towards me, and the fact that he fainted due to my carelessness.

Still, it wouldn't be right of me to run and hide forever. So I decided to settle the matter into my own hands, fumbling around Yoongi's closet and pulling on his large sweat pants. Hope he doesn't mind me wearing this with my granny panties..

The moment I reached the doorstep to Jungkook's home, I dailed his number.  I waited for a connection as my hands trembled underneath the repeating beeps of the phone, before flinching when a voice echoes into my ear.

"Soojung?" the voice said, sending my heart to a stop. Somehow, I could make out heavy breaths on the other side of the line, the sound of it tingling my ear.

"I....uhm," I answered, still startled by how deep his voice seemed through the call. "I'm outside your door, so can you-

I was cut off when thundering footsteps could be heard nearing my direction. The door flungs open, revealing a distorted, and sweaty Jungkook. My eyes travelled down to his half naked body, his perfectly chiseled abdomen and the shorts that hung loosely around his hips. I noticed the way his chest rises and falls, and his parted lips releasing heated breaths. I stood frozen in front of him, unable to utter a word.

"You like?" Jungkook leans on the doorframe, adjusting his boxing gloves. A evident smirk spreads across his lips, as I stopped staring and averted my eyes to the side.

He was boxing. He was boxing, Soojung. Get your mind out of the gutter. I repeated the words in my head, but the images of his heavy breaths flashes past.

Jungkook must've realised what I was thinking, so he pulls me in, closing he door behind him.

"Since when did you..?" I pointed at his gloves.

"Since middle school?"

"Woah. So can you move really quickly?"

"I'm a boxer, Soojung. So naturally my hands are fast, especially in bed." He smirks.

Great. So I'm left alone with this perverted jerk in his apartment all the while being forced to place my eyes elsewhere other the noticable bulge in his pants.

My train of thoughts were once again distracted when Jimin, in the exact same attire, appears beside us with his damp hair pulled back messily. I'm now surrounded by two sweaty men with boxing gloves and nothing but gym shorts on. I can't die now, I need to witness this, I screamed in my head so I wouldn't apparently bleed to death from my nose.