Bonus Chapter 2

Okay so this takes place from right when Chey meets Brittney, to when Brittney goes to Clara's

***********************************

Cheyenne

"What do you think of Jake's girl?" Shane asks me.

We just left his mansion after meeting Brittney for the first time, and I love her.

"She's awesome, I can tell we are going to be great friends."

"I'm glad you think so because judging by the way he looks at her, she'll be around for awhile."

I smile because he's right. Jake could barely take his eyes off of her.

"It's about time he's found someone to take care if him and make him happy. Also, it'll be great that I'm not the only woman anymore. It gets boring."

"Sorry babe, most men don't get involved with chicks when they're in the mafia."

"Chicks?" I say, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Sorry... I-I meant beautiful women like yourself," He says, stuttering slightly.

"Good boy," I say, patting his cheek. He just smirks at me before turning away to go into the kitchen.

"Hey babe, what do want to eat?" Shane shouts.

"Hmm, how about mac n' cheese?" I shout.

"Such a child!" He shouts playfully.

"Hey! Let a girl like mac n' cheese in peace!"

He just snickers, making me roll my eyes.

----------------

"What do you think about having kids?" Shane says quietly, stroking my hair.

We are laying in bed, just talking.

"I wouldn't mind a couple mini-Shane's running around. What about you?"

"I would love to have a little girl, just like you. But," he says and I raise an eyebrow, "I-I don't want to be like my father. He was a drunken mess, he abused me and my brother Chey. He was terrible." I tense up, this is the one thing he would never tell me about.

"Shane, I know you are nothing like him. You only hurt people who have it coming. You are a kind, loving man. You are nothing like your dad. You will be a great father someday, I know it."

He sighs, "Thanks, babe."

"So... about those kids," I say with a smirk, sitting up.

He opens his mouth, but my phone starts to ring. He lets out a groan and I roll over and grab my phone off the nightstand.

"Hello?"

"C-Chey," A broken voice says.

"B? What's wrong?!" I ask.

"C-can you come to Clara's? Please?" She says; I can hear her sobbing.

"Sure hun, I'll be right over," I say hanging up.

"What's wrong?" Shane asks.

"It's B, I don't know what's wrong, but she's at Clara's."

"Clara?"

"Jake's maid. You can't tell him though, it might be because of him," I say, pulling on a pair of jeans.

He groans, "that's gonna be hard babe."

"You say a word, you won't be having kids any time soon," I threaten with a smirk.

"My lips are sealed!"

I pull on a sweatshirt and shout "goodbye" to Shane before running out of the room.

I hop into my car and drive as fast as I can to the address that was texted to me.

As soon I pull up, I run out of the car and knock on the door.

It's thrown open by a wild looking Clara.

"What happened?" I ask worriedly.

"I'm not really sure, I've tried talking to her but she wanted to see you," She replies. I think I see hurt flash through her eyes, but I don't think anything of it when I hear a sob.

"B?" I shout, running into the next room.

I see Brittney laying on a bed, sobbing.

She sits up when she noticed in there and I rush her, engulfing her in a hug.

"Chey, he k-killed my..." she breaks into another fit of sobbing, and I rub her back, trying to calm her down.

"It's okay, take your time." I try to keep my tone calm; I don't want to rile her up more.

"My dad, he killed my dad." She sobs into my shoulder. I gasp quietly.

"Who?" I ask even though I already know the answer.

"Jake." She spits, suddenly angry, "The day he pulled that trigger, he broke me, and I don't think I can ever forgive him for that."

"Damn," I say quietly.

Of all the things he could've done, he killed her father.

"When?"

"When I was younger, my dad was my last hope. He was going to come get me, save me from years of slavery and abuse. But he was killed. How's that for a stroke of bad luck?" She laughs bitterly.

"Shh, it's okay. Why don't you get some sleep. I'll be back tomorrow," I tell her, she nods so I get up and leave the room.

"Did you hear that?" I ask Clara. She nods and takes a sip of the coffee in her hands.

"I have to go to work in the morning. Will you be okay with her?" I ask Clara.

She nods and looks down at her coffee.

"I'll see later Cheyenne."

"Bye Clara," I say, walking out of the house.

Sighing, I get into my car and drive home.

I know for a fact Shane has a lot of questions.

************************************

So, there's a second bonus chapter, that lets you know a little more about Chey and Shane. You also find out a little bit more about what happened after Brittney left Jake.

Thank you guys so much for reading and commenting and voting, you have no idea how much I appreciate it!