Chapter 13 - The tide

Anna's POV

When I woke up, I was in his bedroom. Eros was still sleeping, his face buried into my hair, his arm around my waist.

I remembered last night. His touches, his kisses. I shook my head.

What have you done?! After all his lies, how could you do it? But last night, the dream, the song and pregnancy hormones triggered it.

I breathed deeply and looked at him.

Everything could be different and beautiful, but now everything was messed up.

I stroked his hair gently. He sighed, but he did not wake up. I pulled his hand away carefully. He sighed and rolled over.

I got up carefully without waking him up. I put on his shirt and went to the guest room.

I put my clothes on and wrote a note. I took my bag and walked out.

I stopped in front of his bedroom. Eros was still sleeping. The lock of his hair fell onto his forehead. He was laying on his back.

I walked into his bedroom quietly. I walked towards him. Then I leaned over him and placed a soft kiss on his lips. He blinked without waking up.

I loved him, but I couldn't know how I could trust him again. I stroked his cheek as I placed the note on the nightstand and left.

Eros' POV

I stretched out and opened my eyes. Last night had been one of the best nights in my life. And my favourite other nights were with Anna too.

When I looked at the other side of the bed, Anna was not in the bed. I looked around, rubbing my eyes. My shirt that she wore last night was not on the floor too.

"Anna." I called her, but there was no voice.

I got up and put on my boxer and sweatpants. I looked for Anna in the bathroom. But she was not here either.

When I came back, I saw a note on the nightstand. I smiled and went towards the nightstand. I took the note.

'Last night was beautiful, but that will not repeat. The song, all these things triggered it. I was so emotional. I am sorry, but I can not do it. I can not trust you again. Anna.'

I crumpled the note and threw it away.

"Damn it! Damn it!" I shouted and rubbed the nape of my neck angrily.

I went to the guest room. But her things were gone. She left.

Damn!

I sat on the bed, holding my head in my hands. I tried to calm down.

What were you thinking? Fuck! You messed up everything.

I went to my bedroom. I took off my clothes and went to the bathroom.

After taking a shower, I put on my clothes. I made some coffee for myself and went to the living room. I sat in the armchair, looking through the window.