Chapter 3

Ava woke up, her head laying very uncomfortably on a rock. She sat up, noticing she was in the Pit.

"I tried to get them to get you a pillow." Newt said from across the Pit. She looked at him confused. His back was against the rock wall and one leg was propped up.

"It's fine." She said, leaning beside him. "I can go without."

Newt was silent for a moment, wondering if he should ask her. Finally getting the courage, asking anyway.

"Why didn't you tell me you got stung?" He asked, betrayal and hurt laced in his voice.

"I was going to, I swear." She said, looking at him. He grabbed a rock, turning it in his hands.

"Why didn't you tell me right away?" He asked, wanting to know why.

"I'm sorry, I was kinda getting punched in the face." She snapped. He looked at her, before looking back down. Ava sighed. "I didn't think I should've told you infront of Gally, all it would result in would be a punch to the face again."

"You had enough time to tell me when I got him to stop." Newt said, still mad that she kept something from him.

"I was trying okay?!" She yelled, not caring if anyone heard. "I didn't know how you would react."

Newt looked up, tears in his eyes. "I'm gonna find a way to save you." (#Navagoals)

"Don't." She said, lifting up her shirt, showing him the wound. "It's already healing."

He looked at her in shock. "But... how--"

"I don't know, and honestly, I don't care, I'm gonna be fine though." She said, wiping his tears away, and giving him a hug. She pulled back. "I'm fine."

Ava stopped, thinking for a moment, before a smile went onto her face. "What are you smiling about?"

Ava looked into his eyes, her smile only widening. "I know how to save Alby."

Back in the maze, Laina was tugging on Thomas' shirt.

"It's almost dawn, we need to get Alby back to the doors." Laina said, walking towards where Alby's body was.

"Thank you." Thomas said, stopping her in her tracks.

"For what?" She asked, looking over her shoulder.

"For staying with me. Helping me put Alby up there." He said, looking down, fiddling with his hands. She shrugged.

"I came in to help." Laina told him. "It was nothing, really."

"But it was something to me." Laina turned around, looking at his hazel eyes. "You helped and I'm grateful for that."

"Everyone's happy, can we go now?" Minho said, breaking the moment between the two.

"Yeah, let's go." Thomas said, a bit embarrassed. They ran forward, getting down Alby.

Limping down the ways of the maze, they made it to the doors, waiting for the moment the doors opened.

Ava waited, staring at the maze doors, hoping they would open, but not able to see a thing from where she was. She rubbed her arms, the cold breeze finally getting in.

"Why does it have to be so cold?" Ava whined. "Seriously, can't they put a fire somewhere."

"Come here." Newt said, patting the ground next to him. Ava got down, sitting next to him, resting her head on his shoulder and he put his arm around her. Ava felt her eyes begin to close, exhaustion from the day before taking a toll on her.