Let's run away.

School had seemed to be so much longer today, your friend Michael was usually there to stop you actually dying of boredom in your crappy maths class. But he wasn't in class today and that worried you, he never missed the few classes you two shared because you were the only friends each other had. And any time you could get together you'd take in a heart beat.

You trudged out of school, a scowl plastered to your face as you walked past your school mates. It wasn't that you hated them or anything, you just couldn't afford to stop and chat because all you cared about right now was finding Michael, he hadn't showed up to any other classes that day and you were worried sick about the small blonde. You were aware of what his family were like, he always confided in you when it came to his problems, you never judged him and you were always supportive of him despite his dodgy tendencies.

Eventually you found Michael sat under a tree at the park round the corner from the street you both lived in, he was hugging his legs while his head rested gently on his knees. You sat next to him in silence, you knew he preferred to talk when he was ready so for the mean time you would just keep him company. Around 10 minutes passed and you had zoned out, your thoughts were disrupted by a sudden weight on your crossed legs, you looked down and saw the head of your best friend resting in your lap with his arms wrapped around his backpack. You lightly ran your fingers through Michaels messy blonde hair and took his sudden affection as a sign to speak " you alright Michael?" You say softly, still running your hands through his hair. Michael turns in your lap so he was facing you and wraps his arms around your hips " I got in a fight again " he whispered and gripped part of your shirt tightly in his fist.

"Was is Wesley again?" You ask looking down at him, he nods. " Michael you know he's just a little prick and you shouldn't waste your time on him. He's scum! " you exclaim as you lay back on the grass and sigh. "I just don't want you to get in any more trouble or pain because of him, he isn't worth your time" you feel tears welling up in your eyes and you glance at Michael, who was now sat up and looked as if he too was going to cry, but you knew he wouldn't. He doesn't like crying it makes him feel weak. But he knew he could lose himself when he was with you if he needed too, you would never judge him and that's what he loved most about you. You just got each other and Michael always felt he could be himself around you.

Michael lays down next to you in the grass and meets your gaze " I know y/n but i just get so angry, I just want to fucking hurt them" you push a stay strand of blonde hair from Michaels face and tuck it behind his ear, your hand falling and resting on his neck. " I know Michael and he deserves to be hurt but right now with everything at home, it could just make things worse for you" Michael moved closer to you and pulled you into a hug, his hand stroking the back of your head and entangling itself in your soft hair " i love you" he whispers to you, kissing the top of your head " I don't know what I'd do with out you" you smile and look up at Michael " I love you too" he grins down at you and pulls you closer to him as you both lay in the sea of fallen amber leaves that have littered the cold floor of the park.

About an hour passes of you both just talking and cuddling and neither of you particularly want to get up, but it was getting late and your parents would begin to worry about you. Michael helped you up and you both headed towards your house. "We should run away" you say to Michael as your hands brush, he takes your hand in his and looks up at your taller frame "as much as I want to run away, I'm not prepared to tear you away from your family" you try to respond but Michael cuts you off " you have a good family life and I don't want to take that away from you just because mine isn't great".

This time the tears that had welled up started to fall down your cheeks, you pull the shorter boy into a hug "Michael I just want you to be safe and happy" Michael presses a kiss to your chin "I'm happy when I'm with you during the day and for now that will have to do". You both continue walking towards your house and arrive at your seasonally appropriate decorated house. Michael admired the Halloween decorations that had been thoughtfully placed in your front garden by you and your mother the previous day, he liked them a lot. "Nice decorations" you giggle and push his shoulder "thanks". You pull Michael into a tight hug which he gladly returns, your hands find themselves entangled in his hair again and you felt his grip on your waist tighten. " stay safe Michael, I love you" you pull out of the hug and rest your hand on Michaels pale cheek " I love you too". Michael stands and watches his best friend walk towards her front door and enter, her mother giving him a smile and a wave as she slowly shut the door.

With a sigh, Michael turned away from your house and began the treacherous walk up the road to his own house, the house he hated, he didn't want to be there he wanted to be with you, he wanted to turn and run back to your door and pull you into a hug. He just wanted to be with you, wherever that happened to be.

When Michael reached his house after what seemed like a lifetime, despite his house being only the opposite end of the street. He pauses on his front doorstep for a while, reluctant to knock on the door, he wasn't sure if anyone would even answer. His mother would be at work by now, his asshole of a step father was crippled and couldn't do shit, and his sister was either not home or busy screwing her idiot boyfriend. Michael finally knocked on the door and after a few minutes of waiting and shouting coming from inside the house, the door opened to reveal his eldest sister. "Get in dip shit" she says not really paying much attention, she left Michael to close the door and quickly wandered back upstairs to her room. Michael walked into the living room and saw his stepfather in front of the TV like usual. "What time do you call this faggot? Out having your way with some boys" his stepfather mocked. Michael flipped off the man and walked to his room.

Michael led on his bed and pulled out the small Polaroid from his bottom draw and admired the picture, it was if him and y/n last year that her father had taken when they invited him to their family barbecue, in the picture he was stood there with a grin and y/n was next to him with her arms around his neck, and her cheek resting on the top of his head, a bright smile on her face too. He smiled, her family were so nice and accepted him quickly, he always enjoyed his time at her house and wished he could live there too. He sighed and gently placed the picture in it's place next to the picture of him and his baby sister. If he had it his way, he would take his baby sister and run away with y/n. But that could never happen, his family would let that happen. But what if his family weren't here to do anything?

Michael pushed the thought to the back of his mind and closed the draw. He climbed under the covers and made himself as comfortable as he could in his old bed. He closed his eyes and thought about his friend "goodnight y/n" he whispered to nobody as he slowly began to drift off to sleep.

"Goodnight Michael, be safe" you whisper as you lay in your bed, staring longingly out of your window looking into the peaceful night. You wanted the best for Michael, he was everything to you. You closed your eyes and slipped into a peaceful sleep.

-----------------------------------------
A/n: Hey everyone, I haven't posted a story on here since I was like 12, and on an old account. I had been wanting to get into writing again but decided to put it off until i finished school. And we'll here I am! Out of school with a long summer that I can use to develop this story.

I've had ideas in my head for stories about numerous characters for the longest time and until now I have kept them there. But I have decided to finally share them.

Thank you for taking the time to read this story and I hope you like it so far and think it's promising ☺️ I plan to update once a day or sometimes once every couple of days as sometimes (not usually but sometimes lmao) I am busy. Updates will usually be in the evenings for me probably anytime between 6pm and 12am , I live in England which goes by GMT but a simple google search can let you know what sort time that would work out where ever you are in the world.

Thanks again for checking out my story! I hope you have a wonderful day (or night 😉)
- PumpkinMilkTea✌🏻