Chapter 30: Settled

I came home and directly walked to Linda's room. It was late but I knew she hadn't gone to bed.

I opened her bedroom door found her laying on the bed with headphones. She saw me and took off the headphones.

"What happened?", she asked concerned seeing my suit was a mess.

I didn't answer her. Instead I just stood there staring at her black orbs. Anger was vanished when I saw her face.

"Ethan, what's wrong? You're scaring me", she said panicking.

I gave her a bear hug making her surprised at my sudden action but she hugged me back.

"You're OK, right?", I whispered to her ear.

"What're you talking about? It's me who's supposed to ask you", she asked confused.

I pulled her away and caressed her cheek. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?", she asked frowning.

"That jerk almost made a pass on you, right?", I said deadly remembering what that jerk told his friends.

Her eyes widened in shock and turned her gazes away from me. I grabbed her chin to make her looked at me.

"Is It true?", I asked softly.

"How did you know?", she asked, shaking.

"It doesn't matter how I know. What I don't get is why you didn't tell me"

"I don't know. It's been my habit to keep something to myself. And I don't want you to worry", she said.

"Linda, you're my girlfriend now. You can tell me everything. God knows what that jerk might do to you", I said, almost a sob.

"If something like this happen again, you have to tell me, OK?", I said stroking her hair.

She nodded then hugged me. "I'm sorry"

I kissed her forehead and hugged her back. I'll always take care of her. For the rest of my life.

(Linda POV)

I was shocked that Ethan knew about what Mike almost did to me. At first I thought he would yell at me for not telling me but I was wrong.

I didn't want to tell him because I didn't want to be that kind of girlfriend who wanted her boyfriend to protect her whenever something troubling me.

I wasn't that girl. I wanted to fight my own battle. Even I had Ethan as my boyfriend, I would stay strong for myself.

After that incident, everything was back to normal. Ethan just told me that Brian would be home next Friday which excited me. I've missed him and we needed to tell him about us.

I was scared of what his reaction was about me me and Ethan but Ethan kept saying that he was totally ok with it.

Today was the day Brian came back from Washington and the nausea came back again.

Ethan and Kira would be at the airport. I wanted to come but I had to study for my last test.

The tests had been going on almost a week and so far, I'd done great, I think. But I was certain there won't be a C.

I was still concentrating on my study when I heard the front door was opened then closed and I could hear Kira's voice too. They're here.

I quickly got up from my seat and went out to greet my bro.

They were in the living room drinking wine. Brian saw me and he smiled. I ran to him and hugged him which took him by surprise.

I pulled away and smiled widely to him and he was looking at me like I was crazy.

"How was Washington? ", I asked cheerfully.

"Uh, great. It was great. But it rains a lot", he joked.

I turned to Kira and gave her a friendly smile which she replied with a big smile as well.

"So how are you? There isn't anything going on right while i was gone?", he asked as he took a sip of the wine.

I shrugged. "Nothing" and I eyed at Ethan and he was smirking.

"Do you wanna drink, Linda?", Kira asked as she pouring herself a glass of wine.

"Hell, no you're not drinking. You're still a kid", Brian said giving a look to Kira.

"I'm 19 anyway", I reminded him.

"Well, you're still a baby sister to me and I don't want you to drink", Brian argued.

"Well, you've been drinking since you were 16", I argued back. Ethan and Kira looked at us amused.

His face was red now. "It's different. You're a girl"

"Oh, so we're talking about gender now? Come on, it's free country and if I'm not mistaken Mr. Attorney, 19 is considered an adult so I'm an adult and I can drink this hell of a wine", I said taking the wine bottle.

"Oh, no you're not taking that. Yeah, you're an adult but there's been many cases about irresponsible drinking at college and I don't want to represent my baby sister for that", he said taking back the wine bottle from me.

I faked gasp. "What? You don't want to represent me? What kind of brother are you?"

"Don't you think it's embarrassing to represent your own sister for trial?" He mocked.

"But you're an attorney"

"Assistant attorney to be exact", he argued.

Kira and Ethan laughed so hard that we realized that we'd been arguing over stupid thing. Just like when we were kids.

Brian realized it too and he laughed along with them. I missed this.

Kira cooked Brian's favourites. Brian kept complaining about how stressed he was on DC and glad that he got back.

During the dinner, I kept glancing at Ethan showing him how nervous I was because we were about to tell Brian about us.

But he didn't seem to be nervous. He kept muttering don't worry to me. I sensed that Brian was looking at me and Ethan but I played dumb.

Finally, the dinner was over and it was time to tell him. We were all in living room. Brian was surprised to see me there because I always avoided everybody after dinner.

I stood near Ethan and kept looking up to him. Brian had his eyes narrowed and soon questioned it.

"Is there something you want to tell me?", he asked serious. Uh oh why he sounded mad?

"Um..", I said but was cut by Ethan.

"Actually yes", Ethan said happily.

"Go on", Brian folded his arms. Kira was curious too looking at me and Ethan.

"We're dating", Ethan said holding my hand.

I looked at Brian, waiting for his respond.

"OMG. Congratulation guys", Kira was the one who spoke first and hugged both of us. She soon pulled away and we looked at Brian.

His face still emotionless but soon there was a grin formed on his face.

I sighed in relief and Ethan squeezed my hand.

"Finally, my best friend's not single anymore", Brian patted Ethan's shoulder.

Ethan fake punched him back and kissed my cheek.

"Hey, no PDA in front of me", Brian fake threatened him.

Ethan raised his hands in surrender. We all laughed and continued hugged each other.