(27)

Not one of my best but the next chapter will be more intense, I promise.
Enjoy your reading!
.....................

"Lexi?" Mom says as she gets in. I was sitting on my bed, wearing my boyfriend jeans and a skin tight, black tank top that I tucked in the jeans. I had my hair in a messy bun and was wearing my mint green converse. I look at her smiling as she heads over to me. I woke up today with a text from Zach that he'd be over here by 4 PM. After I talked to Noah for a bit on the phone and precisely ate a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich that mom sat while I ate to make sure I eat it. She thinks I lost even more weight so I am now under watch I guess. I then took a proper shower since yesterday's was disgusting and then kept walking around the house listening to music all the time while dancing akwardly.

"What are you doing?" She asks. I look at my phone and see it was already 3:50.

"Oh, just waiting for the couple." I say. Mom's eyebrows furrow.

"Zach and Zoë." I say. Her mouth turn into an 'O' as she sits beside me.

"Are you okay?" She says as she nudges my shoulder. "You look like a Grumpy Nancy." She says. I laugh a bit as she smiles.

"I don't know, I feel guilty I guess." I say.

"Guilty? Why?" She asks.

"That I didn't tell Noah till now, and he deserves to know, but I am scared he would be angry and he would just leave me." I say.

"Oh, honey, don't you say that, he is a good boy, he'll never do so. He'll be angry, yes, but at the world, not you." She says as she pulls me in a loving hug. I nod with a smile as a knock is being sounded on the door.

"That's Zach, I should go." I say.

"Okay dear, and why don't you stay over at Zoë's today, I might me a little late and I don't want you to be here alone." She says. I nod quickly before I hug her one last time and then get downstairs to them. Zach was already in a car (again, probably Aiden's) and was trying to sing something while Zoë was at the door smiling widely. The moment I open the door Zoë takes my hand and pulls me out as the door shuts loudly and we practically jog to the car.

"Come on, come one, we have to be there at 4:20." She says as she opens the car door and pushes me inside while going to the passenger seat.

"Why am I in the back seat?" I say as they both start belting out to a really loud song. Zoë shrugs as she says the chorus. I slam my hands over my ear and groan, feeling a headache seeping through the back of my mind.

"Don't be a party blooper, Alex." Zach says. I look wide eyed at him.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?" I shout. The car swerves a bit right and left as he tries to gain control.

"I am sorry, I am sorry, calm the hell down!" he says.

"You called me a boy's name! That is unforgivable!" I say. Z laughs as Zach shrugs and continues driving. We start driving over a bridge and that's when Zach pulls over.

"We are gonna sit on a bridge?" I ask. Zach laughs and shakes his head before pointing to a group of teenagers on the side of the bridge. One of them was on the side that was behind the barrier; he looked like he was about to jump.

"Is he going to jump?" I say as I start walking faster towards them. I start a slight jog towards the group.

"HEY! STOP HIM, NO!" I scream at them. The whole group looks at me in concern and weirdness.

"Why? Let him jump." One of them says.

"This is suicide!" I say, fluttering my hands everywhere. Realization dawns them before they all start laughing loudly, even the one who will jump.