As It Should Be

FIVE MONTHS LATER

I looked in the mirror. A faint pink scar could just barley be seen under my makeup on my temple. My white satin dress looked so beautiful. It was a ball gown wedding dress, with a fitted bodice that had a waistline that lead to a full skirt. The top was a strapless sweetheart with gems that sparkled in the light, and I had a short train of one foot. My hair was curled and fell down my back in perfect ringlets. Brit did a perfect job at doing my makeup, it wasn't over done, but just enough to highlight the features of my face. I felt like a princess.

"One last touch!" My mother said, leaning forward and pinning the veil on top of my head.

"There." She smiled, and I could see her eyes glisten with fresh tears.

"Don't cry mom!"

"I can't help it! My baby is all grown up and getting married and you look so darn beautiful." She said, wiping away her tears.

"She better! I spent 3 hours on hair and makeup to make it perfect!" Brit said from where she was doing her own hair and makeup. Her pale blue and green ombre wedding dress laid in its bag on my bed. Bryce and I loved the idea of using our favorite colors as our wedding colors. We used pale versions mostly, but lovely none-the-less.

"How is that I'm ready and you're not?" I chuckled.

"Well somebody had to get your ass ready didn't they? And when that someone was getting you ready, they couldn't get themselves ready. So shush, and give me five more minutes." Brit said as she finished pining her hair up. She grabbed her dress and went to the bathroom to change.

Alice and Avery were bouncing in their playpen, all ready to go. Little Avery was our ring bearer and would be carried down the aisle by my maid of honor, his mom, Britney. Then, right before I came out, Jason would walk down the aisle with Alice, my flower girl, and help her toss flower petals. It would be so adorable!

"Ready!" Brit said, entering the room in a whirlwind. She threw some hair and makeup things in the bag just in case they would be needed, then she grabbed Alice and Avery.

"Let's go!" She ordered. Brit left the room, my mom grabbed another bag, and the twins diaper bag, and followed her, I was close behind, has I gathered my dress in my hands and followed them out the door. We gathered the rest of my bridesmaids whom were adding the finishing touches to their own makeup, and headed to the limo parked out front.

The drive there was fast. Too fast. I could feel my heart getting ready to beat right out of my chest. So this is happening. This is really happening. Everything I wanted I am getting. I graduated, my team won state again, I'm going to U of I with Bryce... And, to top it off, I'm marrying the man of my dreams. Bryce. I love him, and now he is officially mine. Well, he will be, as soon as those two words leave those lips of his.

"Summer. Let's go. We have ten minutes to set everyone up and then the procession will start."

I glanced out the window at the large oak trees. The grooms men and bridesmaids were talking by the trees just before the entrance to the old soccer field that Bryce and I would play at. Only now the old goal on one end of the field was moved out of the way, and in its place was an altar. Chairs were spread out in front of the altar, and a path was ready down the middle of the chairs for the procession to walk down. Pale blue and green hydrangeas were weaved together with the right ribbon s on the sides of the chairs.

I could see the chairs were all full of friends and family of both of us.

"Okay. Let's go" I said with a smile. I stepped out and got to the back of the line, and fixed my dress and put my veil down, while Brit walked up the line and paired the groomsmen and bridesmaids together, before getting back in her spot with little Avery in her arms.