Epilogue

C H L O E

The early morning hit the day after Skyler and I got back together. I was up at the asscrack of dawn, packing my backpack as quietly as possible.

Skyler, with her evil influencing, convinced me to move in with her and Eunji until my amazing aunt and I figure out a new living space between us. It didn't take too much convincing either, I'm a teenager who's helplessly love with someone, I'm unstoppable at this point.

My phone buzzed, a message from Skyler told me to 'hurry the fuck up i have to pee really bad.'

I quietly giggled to myself and finished up a little letter I wrote to my mom. I wanted to surprise my mom with an empty bedroom and a note telling her that her proudly gay, and I repeat, proudly gay, daughter was leaving this toxic environment to finally be with the love of my life and be happy.

I dragged the ridiculous amount of luggage down the stairs and waddled to the van idling in the driveway. There Skyler was, she wore a dark hoodie, looking quite shady in the drivers' seat.

I knocked on the van's trunk door and seconds later it popped open. I quickly shoved my stuff into the back.

"So your aunt is completely okay with this shit?" Skyler asked as she drove off.

I nodded, "I laid everything out on the table, I'm gay, my mom doesn't like it, let me stay with you please. She accepted me and she's okay with everything. She said she'd fight my mom if she had to."

Skyler laughed and we sat in silence for a while. "I can't believe this is happening Chili." Skyler broke the silence. I remained quiet, looking out the window. "A year ago, shit, a month ago, I'd never think to myself that this would all happen, this summer is probably the best one I ever had." She laughed and I joined her.

"You know, I've been thinking though, like this has been my go to idea since my mom finding out about us.. If this all doesn't work, we could, maybe run away to Mexico.." I looked Skyler with a small chuckle.

(a/n: thanks for reading💘 make sure to check my other book, coffee)