Chapter Ten

[song: Just A Dream by Nightcore]

*Zane*

I can't believe she's here after all this time. After abandoning us like she did. I notice she was looking behind and realized that Kylie Dani and Kyler were standing beside the truck.

"Kylie, take the kids inside," I look back at her and she nods before pushing the kids towards the house, "I'll be right in."

"Zane," she starts, "I can explain."

"What are you doing here, Mara?" I interrupt her, "What can you tell me?"

"I didn't have a choice." Mara says, "I didn't want to leave but I had to. I had to keep Dani safe."

"Safe from what?" I said angrily, "You left her. You left your daughter and never called or let me know that you were alive."

"I know," she cried, "Can you let me explain."

"No," I growled out, "I don't want to hear any of your excuses. Now you can go back to what ever..."

"Zane, that's enough." I turned toward the house when I heard Kylie. I watched as she walked over to Mara and held her hand out, "Hello, I'm Kylie. Why don't I get you something to drink and all of us can talk."

"Thank you," Mara whispered as Kylie guided her over to the patio as they past Kylie gave me a hard look. I grumbled before heading towards the kitchen for drinks coming back outside I heard Kylie and Mara talking.

"So are you and Zane dating?" Mara ask,

"No," Kylie starts, "He's, uh, helping me with a problem."

"He's protecting you from Dante," Mara says and I watched as all the color leave Kylie's face.

"How do you know about that?" I asked surprised and mad, "Why do you know that?"

"He's part of the reason I left," Mara says looking everywhere but in my direction.

"What do you mean?" Kylie whispered,

"I left because Dante was blackmailing me," Mara said looking up at me.

🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰

*Kylie*

"Explain now," Zane said angrily.

"Do you remember how we met?" Mara asked looking at Zane. Zane nodded, "I was running from my past. From Dante. I watched as he killed my cousin and he threatened me saying that if I didn't do what he wanted he would kill Danny, my baby brother. I agreed scared of what he would do."

"Wait, your Marissa Sanders?" I say shocked and she nods.

"Yes, its nice to meet in person," she says smiling softly.

"How do you know her real name?" Zane asked shocked.

"She's the devil's assistant," Casey said, I looked over just as she walked up on the patio, "What I would like to know is why she's here."

"I'm here to help," Mara says moving shifting in her chair, "I know what Dante is planning and I want to help stop him."

"Why?" Casey asked confused.

"Is anyone going to call Brandon," Mara say suddenly, "Wouldn't it be better if he know what I'm going to tell you."

"He's on his way," Casey shrugs, "He was going to grab dinner."