Chapter 41- Day 4

<--Vote...Fan…Comment…Like :)

_________________________________________________________

Chapter 41- Day 4

*Trisha’s POV*

He’s leaving? Why was he leaving? I wanted to break free from Nathan’s grasp and run to him but I know I can’t. It would be unfair for Nathan. I was the one who agreed to be his girlfriend. It was all my fault. Josh was leaving me. It was very painful to see him leave like that. I could see it in his eyes that he didn’t want to, but he respected the fact that Nathan and I were dating.

Seeing him walk away like that made my heart hurt. He was limping. Why was he limping? Did he got hurt while saving me? Why? Why would he risk his chances of winning just to save me? Was he really hurt or was I just hallucinating?

I wanted to ask him all of these questions. I wanted to run towards him and grabbed him. I wanted to ask him if he was fine. I wanted to know what was happening to him these past few days. I wanted to know if he has another girl in his heart and I wanted to hug him and tell him I love him, but I know I can’t.

“Trisha! Trisha! Are you alright?” Nathan was asking me. I didn’t notice that he was calling me.

I looked at him. He was really shocked. I just nodded and hugged him closer imagining that he was Josh. I missed Josh. I missed him so much.

“I’m sorry for not saving you. I didn’t know you fell. I-I….I’m really sorry.” Nathan tried to apologize.

“It wasn’t your fault silly. I think I wanna go home and…”

*********

*Nathan’s POV*

“I’m sorry for not saving you. I didn’t know you fell. I-I….I’m really sorry.” I tried to apologize.

I felt so miserable. I wasn’t able to save her. She was my girlfriend and yet I was so stupid not to notice that she fell. I should have known better. She didn’t know how to swim. I should have kept an eye on her. I hate it. I promised to protect her and now she needed me but I wasn’t there to save her.

Josh did.

I hate this because even though I won this round, I know that deep inside I lost. I lost the real game. Josh saved Trisha. He was willing to lose his chance to win just to save her. He could have continued and got the first place. He could have gotten another first place which will give him a total of three points while I didn’t have any, but he didn’t.

“It wasn’t your fault silly. I think I wanna go home and…” Trisha wasn’t able to finish her sentence. She was unconscious again.

“Trisha!” I shouted.

I saw the nurse approach me.

“Don’t worry. She’s fine now. The fact that she was able to cry means that she doesn’t have any water in her lungs anymore. She’s safe already. Maybe she was just tired. Bring her home. Here’s the pass.”

I was happy to hear what the nurse said. She was right. Trisha had a long day. I should just bring her home. I quickly changed to something decent and carried Trisha towards my car. I didn’t know what happened to Josh. He disappeared again. The moment I told him that I’d take care it from here. He left. He respected our relationship. I didn’t know he would. I thought he would ignore me and shout at me for not saving her, but he didn’t.

While I was approaching my car, I heard Josh shouting. I didn’t know what he was shouting about or who was he shouting at. I didn’t bother to look for him since I need to get Trisha home as soon as possible.