Chapter 112 Clash

Everything is reaching a stalemate.

Xie Miao moved into Qingxin Temple as she wished, but was unable to become a nun because of people's secret obstruction.

Zhou Niannan finally got the Empress's promise, but because the Empress was ill, he was unable to obtain the imperial decree for marriage.

As for Cui Muli... there are too many things to think about, so might as well not mention them.

But no matter what, life must go on.

The medical leave has ended, and Cui Muli returned to the Ministry of Justice to resume work. Luo Biyu was harsh by nature, and he was originally dissatisfied with his requests for leave every three days. However, after seeing his half-dead state, he actually felt a strange sympathy for him.

This kid used to always be calm and composed, as if he could remain indifferent even if the sky fell. Even if he was injured some time ago, he would open his eyes and relax his eyebrows, as if good things were coming soon. Nowadays, he is listless, his face is pale, and he coughs three times every time he takes a step. It is obviously caused by severe mental trauma...

Strange! Odd! There is a time when such a proud man of heaven is defeated?

Luo Biyu suppressed the slightest bit of schadenfreude in his heart and said with a straight face: "Since you feel unwell, just wait until you feel better before you come back. It's not like our Justice department can't work without you!"

...

The other officials in the Justice Department who were watching, secretly cursed: I wonder who was the person yesterday, who was scolding Official Cui for taking advantage of his illness to be lazy and shirking responsibility?

Faced with Luo Biyu's duplicity, Cui Muli cupped his hands and smiled lightly, "Lord Luo, this small official is fine."

Don't appreciate it!

Luo Biyu's tone suddenly changed and he said: "Then what are you standing here for? Go to work quickly! Look at how much backlog of files you have on your table!"

After he rolled up his sleeves and left, the other colleagues gathered around Cui Muli and expressed concern then dispersed soon after to focus on the official duties at hand.

The same goes for Cui Muli.

He could only find a trace of peace when he sits in an environment filled with official documents, a busy surrounding with no time for leisure or distraction. He forgot to eat that day, until the next day Zhu Qiliang went to the Justice Department, relaxed with sleepy eyes. He saw that he was still sitting in the same place, obviously he had not returned home all night.

Zhu Qiliang advised: "Official Cui, although official duties are important, your health is fundamental. You might as well go back to rest first and recuperate before coming back."

Cui Muli said: "Okay, I'll leave after reading the file on hand."

At a glance, it was noon again.

Cui Muli was finally willing to leave. However, as soon as he left the Justice Department, he saw Shen Yang anxiously coming to report, "Young Master, something happened to Miss Xijun!"

*

Set the time back an hour ago.

Cui Xijun and Su Panyan made an appointment to go to Xianyi Tower to listen to the opera.

Today's performance is the Henan Opera "Mu Guiying Takes Command".

On the stage, the woman who plays Mu Guiying has a rich face, handsome features, and gorgeous appearance. Her almond-shaped eyes were firm and bright, her posture was upright, her speech was smooth, and she sang in a melodious voice: "The old lady must be loyal to the country. She ordered me to lead the expedition to the East. Mu Guiying, I am too lazy to hold this summons seal ..."