Chapter 67 Restoring the facts of the past

Xie Miao wanted to faint, but she held back.

She held the wrist bitten by the snake. Her breath was weak and trembling, and she said: "Cui, Cui Muli, go and take a look at it. Look carefully to see if it is a venomous snake!"

The heinous snake criminal had already been chopped into three or four pieces by Cui Muli. It was about the thickness of a thumb, with a black and brown back. It was wrapped around the trunk of the tree and almost integrated into the bushes.

This snake is called wufeng. It is non-venomous and can be used as medicine after removing its internal organs.

This definitely can't be told to Xie Miao.

Cui Muli inspected it and said categorically: "Poisonous snake, extremely poisonous."

Xie Miao's face turned pale when she heard this. When she lowered her head and looked at the bleeding wound, she felt difficulty breathing, her brain was dizzy, and there was numbness all over... She had all the symptoms of being bitten by a poisonous snake.

Very good, she didn't fall into the animal trap as she wished. She was just bitten by a poisonous snake.

That's all.

Seeing that she was about to faint, Cui Muli took her hand and bowed his head. He put his thin lips on the wound, sucked out the venom, spat it out, and sucked it again——

After a few back and forth, he raised his head and wiped the blood from his lips with his thumb, "Okay."

Xie Miao ignored his abruptness and said with a smile on her face, "I won't be poisoned?"

Cui Muli said: "No, we are going to be poisoned together."

Xie Miao: "..."

His lips are distinct and smooth, with a faint blood colour at the moment, giving rise to a hint of evil.

It seems as if there is nothing else in mind, and it also seems to be cunning and ambitious.

Xie Miao withdrew her hand, and pushed him away. She wiped away the remaining dampness and heat on her wrist with her sleeves, and said angrily: "I want to go to the hospital, I want to see a doctor!"

*

Cui Muli took Xie Miao directly to the Imperial Hospital. Doctor Lin happened to be free and personally treated Xie Miao's wounds. He also made a detoxifying soup and ordered them to take it three times a day after they return, until they were fine.

Fu Lu and the others had rushed back to Cui Mansion. After learning that she was bitten by a poisonous snake, they cried until their eyes were swollen and regretted that they should not have allowed her to act recklessly. Xie Miao patiently coaxed them for a while. After three or four days passed, when the wound healed with no signs of redness and swelling, their spirits and appetite returned to normal. Everyone finally felt relieved.

This incident did not alarm Madam Xie. She was about to give birth and had handed over all the housework in her hands. She was waiting for the birth of her baby with peace of mind.

Let's talk about Cui Muli. The first thing he did when he returned to the mansion was to instruct the two secret guards in green clothes to stop supervising and reporting on Xie Miao throughout the day from now on. Instead, they became her personal guards when she goes out.

He no longer needed to suspect anything. He only needed to protect her and keep her safe.

After settling his personal affairs, he started investigating the assassination case.