50: 𝑂𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑝

After a day or two Kira's little outburst was mostly forgotten among her peers. Though they were still mildly cautious around her and Bakugou both. Which she didn't mind. But she could always sense a slight longing in Bakugou.

She sat across from him in her usual spot at the cafeteria, chowing down on her spaghetti. They hadn't spoken much, they didn't always have too. Her and Bakugou would often just... Be silent together. Of course that was easy for Kira, never unnerving. Because she could always know what Bakugou was thinking about.

She glanced up and saw him looking slightly past her. At a table across the cafeteria. Kira glanced back slightly and saw what she expected. Kirishima's group, chatting and laughing especially loud. They were all doing some sort of tiktok trend, with Mina filming.

"I wonder what they're doing?" Bakugou wondered. "What would it be like? To hang out with a big group like that. Shit- I shouldn't think like this. I have a friend, is it wrong to want more friends? I don't want her to think she's like... Not enough or something."
Bakugou looked back down at his food.

"Maybe you should try talking to them." Kira said, stuffing pasta in her face.

"Eh?" Bakugou asked with a frown.

"The group you're always staring at. You obviously think they're cool." Kira said with a shrug. Spinning her fork around in her spaghetti. "They seem nice, wouldn't hurt to talk to them."

"I don't want to talk to them! Where'd you get a dumb idea like that?!" Bakugou snapped. "They were just making a lot of noise... That's all. It's annoying."
"It looks fun."

"Dude there's nothing wrong with wanting to get to know people. To hang out with people you think are fun and interesting."
Kira said, poking his forehead from across the table.

He swatted her away. "I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm not exactly good at talking to people." He grumbled, looking away.

"You're good at talking to me." Kira pointed out, wiping her face. "It's no different."

"It is so different!" Bakugou snapped. "You... You started it. You wanted to talk to me first. Those idiots don't want anything to do with me."

"And how do you know?" Kira crossed her arms.

"Because they..." Bakugou looked down. "You know what Deku says about me. They all believe it. They don't want to be around me." He said quietly, glancing around to make sure no one was paying them any attention. "They stopped hanging out with me after the first week. I think that sent a pretty clear message."

"But that was awhile ago. Maybe they don't view you the same anymore." Kira said with a small smile. How could she tell him they didn't hate him without telling him the reason she knew that? She could see that the reason they didn't hand out with him was because they assumed he didn't like anyone.

Anyone but her at least.

"Then they should try again." Bakugou stubbornly crossed his arms. "I'm not going to be nice to them until they decide to hang out with me."
"They left me. Not the other way around, if they've changed their minds then they should reach out to me. I don't want to be somewhere I'm unwanted."

Kira sighed and blew her bangs out of her face. "If you say so." She said with a frown.

"Besides I already have one idiot following me around! I don't need any more!!!" Bakugou said with a glare.

Kira rolled her eyes and didn't reply. Eating her food while thinking. So Bakugou was definitely never going to be the one to start a friendship with... Anyone. He was too nervous, his middle school years caught him that no one wanted to hang out with him because of his loud and somewhat angry demeanor. So after trying for years, Bakugou had given up on friendship.

Kira seemed to be the exception, and that's because she had literally just followed him around until he became fond of her presence. But unfortunately not everyone had her persistence.

So it seemed that the only way to get Bakugou more much needed human companionship, was by Kira doing half of the work herself. Great.

°.•.°•.°•.°

"The end of the semester is coming up and hero informatics has one final assignment before the summer." Aizawa said with a yawn. "I want you all to get into groups of three and create a presentation on a chosen pro hero."

Kira and Bakugou immediately shared a glance. "Three?!"

"I want you to compile all Information on them you can find, from their life before their career to wherever they are now. Retired, working or even passed on. Your partners and your subject pro is up to you all to decide for yourselves." Aizawa continued. "There will be one team of two-"

"We call it!" Mina and Hagakure both yelled in unison, putting their hands up before Bakugou and Kira could even think to speak up. "It's just like we were talking about earlier!" The two girls squealed. They had been planning on doing a project together, just the two of them. They were already thinking of feminist icons they could do the presentation on.

"Shit." Bakugou mumbled.

Aizawa sighed and closed his eyes. "Alright. Ashido and Hagakure will be the only team of two. The rest will be in teams if three, this is non-negotiable. That's all, you have the rest of class to pick out your partners and subjects."

Students shot up and began talking very loudly searching for partners. Bakugou banged his head on his desk once with a loud groan and Kira rolled her eyes at him.
"Hold on." She said standing up.

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING?!" Bakugou yelled at her.

"I'm going to go get our third." She said, poking him in the face.

"I DON'T WANT A THIRD!!!"

°.•.°•.°•.°

"Okay so Mina ditched guess it's just
the... Four of us." Sero said, slowly trailing off. He looked at Jirou, then Denki and finally Kirishima. "Oh."

"Oh damn it." Jirou said, running a hand through her hair.

The students around them chattered and yelled. Bakugou in the background was screaming at Kira for no reason and banging his forehead on his desk. While Mina and Hagakure both squealed the names of different female heroes. Iida, Uraraka and Midoriya were gushing over their chosen hero "All Might." The rest of the class were still trying to get together their groups.

"Hey it's okay!" Kirishima put his hands up. "You guys do it, I'm sure I can find another group!" He volunteered.

"You sure bro?" Denki asked with a frown.

He nodded, he'd feel bad if someone else from the group got separated, he was sure he could group up with someone else.
"Yeah totally-"

"Hey, in that case." They turned and Kira leaned against a desk. "Me and Bakugou need a third. If you're interested." She said casually.

Kirishima glanced over to Bakugou, who had his arms crossed over his chest. Looking out the window with an annoyed expression.

"Oh uh..." Kirishima glanced around at his friends and then smiled.

"Sure!"