★ | a tale of time pt.3

A Kim Sunoo Threeshot
(part 03)

now playing"Kiss the rain" by Yiruma

now playing
"Kiss the rain" by Yiruma

Author's Perspective :

A tear rolled down from Sunoo's eyes as he remembered the past events from a year ago. How close he was to lose his Y/N from his embrace forever, death at the steps,waiting to be parted at the river of life and demise. But how can he lose her when she's not just only a piece of heart but his entire soul? The only reason he looks forward to waking up every morning? Surely he didn't tell her that he is half blood, a gumiho to be precise but that was just him hiding the truth, not deceiving her. He knew she meant it when she said that she loved every part of him, he could see in her eyes.

He gulped a lump of sorrow as he was on the verge of breakdown when a pair of hands wrapped his torso from behind as he could sense her head resting on his back softly making him smile weakly. "You're remembering that day again?" She asked in a low whisper, making him nod in agreement. "How can I not? I almost lost you, how scared I was." She chuckled as she pulled out and now stood in front of him smiling, cupping his cheeks in both of her hands, very softly.

"It felt like I almost lost myself." He said. She sadly smiled and planted a soft kiss on his forehead which he took in, closing his eyes and letting out an exaggerated breath.

"But you didn't let me die, did you?" She said in a voice soft with affection. "Do you think I would have allowed you to leave me like that, especially when I was the reason behind it?" He asked, his voice getting anxious as his eyebrows furrowed. "Now I need your allowance to even die too?" Chuckling, she wanted to lighten him up, knowing too well how deeply he's still hurt from that tragedy they met with.

"You're mine, you can't leave me until I allow you too, which will be never." He answered as Sunoo pulled her in his embrace, resting his chin on her forehead while he sighed, they both knew who needed the consolidation the most. "And don't talk about death again, you're with me, and you always will be." His heart raced even at the thought of their separation ever again.

"But you're a gumiho, I'm not an immortal like you, Sunoo." Y/N said in a sad tone. "Then I'll follow you to death like I did in the past." He tightened the hug, not even wanting to imagine the scenario where he had to be split apart from his Y/N. “You were protected by mountain spirits, you were a descendant,  Sunoo."

She pulled out wanting to look in his eyes again, her favorite art to look at. "But now you're a God mountain, you can't break the cycle." She caressed his cheek softly as he held her hand, melting in her touch. "And what's the point of being a God when I can't have my soul with me? It doesn't concern me to be punished in the pits of hell, if it means to never let you separate from me, don't worry I will do it gladly." He spoke up confidently as a drop of tear streamed on Y/N's cheek, making him engulf her in his loving embrace again.

He desired her to be in his embrace, to feel the warmth and protection of her presence. He desired to be the guardian that would follow her even into the depths of hell, to follow the grim reaper himself if it meant keeping her safe. For her, and only for her, he would willingly follow. "My heart and mind only yelled to protect you when I ran for the sword instead." She said, "I know," he continued, "I knew you meant it from your heart when you promised to protect me."

"But seeing you crying so terribly because of me- I'm sorry," she spoke, "I was afraid to leave you too, I seriously felt if I'll be wrapped up in your arms, no one can take me from you."

"But death couldn't pull us part, could it?" He smiled. "Be neither sorry, nor thank me for snatching you away, my life is yours anyway."

She beamed a smile, standing on her tiptoes she pecked his lip, catching him off guard but a second later resulting him to smile. "You surely are one of a clingy, my warrior huh?" Sunoo teased as she rolled her eyes as if she did get offended. "Oh we both know how much you enjoy it." She defended her actions when he laughed a little loudly, "Never said that I don't love it."

the end.