Chapter 56

Micro charges let Han Guan take it away, leaving only a small one in Chen Fu's hand.

He pushed the bullets into the chamber, feeling somewhat fortunate: luckily, Han Guan's magazine was already empty. If the micro charge fell into the hands of the other party and turned against him, it would be a real trouble for him.

Approaching the door, Chen Fu called out again, "Han Guan?" Still no response. Chen Fu made up his mind and rushed into the door, gun raised, ready to fire at any moment.

What he saw inside the door sent chills down his spine, feeling both startled and eerie.

The room was messy, with the usual setup of an abandoned well house: a water pump long decayed, dusty water pipes, and many brick debris on the floor, remnants of the wall pierced by bullets. On the empty ground, lay a pool of blood. In the corner against the wall, there was a well. Usually, abandoned well houses would either have the door locked or the well covered to prevent children from falling in or poultry from entering. Wooden planks were piled beside the well, obviously used to cover the well just moments ago. But now, the planks were moved aside, with Han Guan's body halfway submerged in the well, only his shoulders visible above the well, hanging his head low, arms dangling outside, resembling the iconic scene from the horror movie The Ring.

Apart from him, there was no sign of anyone else.

Chen Fu cursed inwardly. There was no place to hide in the well house, and although there was a small vent at the top, he hadn't seen anyone come out of it. Without a doubt, the woman was down in the well.

Approaching cautiously, he called out to Han Guan, "Brother? Brother! Give a grunt."

As a seasoned hunter, he was confident: no matter how serious the injury, Han Guan should still be able to grunt. Sure enough, Han Guan's body seemed to twitch, emitting a vague and strange wheeze from his throat.

Damn it, Chen Fu stepped closer, but his body leaned back, glancing sideways at the well: he couldn't see anything. The well's opening was relatively small, combined with the dim light indoors, he couldn't see clearly.

Wanting to shoot down, but afraid of hitting Han Guan, Chen Fu silently counted "1, 2, 3," then roared, grabbing Han Guan's neck and collar fiercely, while pointing the gun into the well and firing continuously.

Chen Fu was naturally strong, and being muscular himself, lifting over a hundred pounds was not a problem. However, even so, he felt that the weight on his hand was somewhat unusual... Before he could react, just as he pulled Han Guan out, a figure flipped out from under Han Guan.

He didn't even see the person's face clearly, only seeing a cold gleam swinging towards his throat. Knowing it was bad, Chen Fu let go of Han Guan and aimed the gun back, but before he could pull the trigger, he felt a chilling sensation in the middle of his palm: the next moment, half of his palm, the gun, and several fingers holding the gun had all flown out, hitting the edge of the well with a clang, then falling straight into the well.

***

Nie Jiuluo fell heavily to the ground, feeling extremely frustrated: she had been relying on Han Guan's body, leveraging his strength, so when Chen Fu let go, she also fell, causing the tip of the knife to inevitably lose its accuracy—her perfect opportunity to take down Chen Fu in seconds was gone just like that.

She had experience: once unable to successfully ambush and hit, the subsequent confrontation would be incredibly difficult. Chen Fu was already a tough dog, and now he had turned into a frenzied mad dog.

Chen Fu's eyelid twitched in disbelief as he looked towards the well: the gun and half of his hand had already gone down the well, with two fingers falling by the edge of the well.