Chapter 19 part 1

Upon seeing Yan Tuo, Nie Jiuluo's lips twitched slightly. She stumbled towards him, but she couldn't walk steadily. She only took two steps before falling straight down.

Yan Tuo reflexively took a quick step forward to support her, "Miss Nie, are you okay..."

Before he could finish his sentence, he felt a slight stinging sensation in his upper abdomen, as if something had stung him.

Alarm bells rang in his mind, and he instantly remembered the injection needle the old man with a limp had inserted into his neck: it wasn't filled with ordinary anesthetic. Generally, anesthetics were administered intravenously, rarely through intramuscular injection because it took effect too slowly. However, the injection in that syringe was administered intramuscularly with just a little push, yet it made him sleep for almost ten hours.

He carefully wrapped the syringe, which still had most of the injection, and put it in his luggage, intending to have it analyzed by a professional after returning...

He tried to push Nie Jiuluo away, but he was too late. The injection had been pushed all the way in. Instead, Nie Jiuluo pushed him away, using the momentum to stabilize herself.

Yan Tuo staggered back a few steps, but he didn't have time to pay attention to Nie Jiuluo. He quickly pulled out the syringe and threw it away, then pressed on the injection site. The injection was really effective because in an instant, the area was numb, and he could clearly feel the numbness spreading like a dispersed ant colony.

Nie Jiuluo threw away the wet towel in her hand and looked at Yan Tuo while wiping the filth off her head as if nothing had happened, "I'm fine, the blood isn't mine, don't worry."

Damn it!

Yan Tuo felt so frustrated that he almost spat blood. He quickly reached behind his waist to draw his gun. When he pulled it out, his arm still had strength, but when he raised the gun, his entire forearm went numb, his fingers spasmed, and the gun slipped from his hand and fell to the ground with a clang, sliding closer to Nie Jiuluo.

He tried to step forward to pick up the gun, but his leg joints were paralyzed, and he stumbled and fell to the ground. Nie Jiuluo ignored him, picked up a chair nearby, placed it properly, and sat down.

Yan Tuo used all his strength to reach for the gun, but his trembling fingers only touched the gun handle when Nie Jiuluo stepped on his hand, pressing both his hand and the gun handle under her foot.

She was wearing short boots with hard soles and shiny leather. At the boot shaft, a slender white ankle was exposed.

Yan Tuo lifted his head.

Nie Jiuluo sat on the chair, leaning down towards him, a few strands of her long hair draped over his shoulder.

She said, "You really shouldn't have invited me here."