Whip

(Here we go <:( The chapter I must hurt Peeta for because if it was Gale Percy would hold Katniss back even if it meant to be hated forever.)

This takeover of new peacekeepers was... Something.

This was the first time the district and those peacechildren left alive truly thought as one: Hate.

The peacechildren were spared because it was deemed they could still be saved and reeducated, all of their names tripled or more in the reaping bowl as incentive and each thing they spoke out against got at least five more in there.

Most peacekeepers each conformed to the rules or had been executed for treason.

The market in the forest had been burnt down, the market in the town square was raided and taken apart. The streets sweeped of all imagery of the mockingjay with immediate execution for anyone showing their districts salute or the bird.

Curfews, patrols, random house searches... They thought they were quelling the fires of revolution but they are stocking it, playing with an angry nest of jackers ready to pop is disturbed once more.

And damn... Did it pop.

The tool to break the surface of it...

None other then the loving heart of justice: Peeta Mellark.

He had be carrying in a shipment of sugar and floor but noise brought his attention away.

Down the street, one of these new peacekeepers was beating an old man with a baton.

The screams not even as loud as the sound each impact on his body made.

"My, he's going to kill him."

"Someone do something."

"I don't want to be the next."

And.

"I can't watch this."

Were whispered as all watched with fear, as the old man's pain seemed to get worse, so did seem the strength of the peacekeeper grow.

"Peeta! Come on!" His mother tried to pull him again.

But he stayed watching.

"Peeta!"

He yanked his arm from his mother's hold, dropping the bags of sugar that exploded on the ground.

Moving before his brain could following.

Crossing the street faster then he thought and diving with his elbow up, aimed at the area Percy had told him about, the part where the armor plating of a peacekeepers outfit stops and leaves their ribs exposed.

----------This hurts to write!!!-----------

"Please!! Come! They are going to kill him!" 

The fact that Peeta father had not only ran to Percy but had dropped to his knees, grabbing at her legs and begging with tears, the spineless man that didn't even dare stop his wife from beating their son, here after he demanded and screamed his way through the peacekeeper crew keeping normal citizens out of the victors village... Was not something she wanted to see.

Looking at Katniss who looked just as shocked and scared as Percy must have, both their minds made up.

"Lead the way." The man didn't need to be told twice.

Nearing the center, seeing the crowd gathered there, Katniss ran ahead, recognizing the situation first.

"Stay back." She told the father, running after Katniss.

Shoving through the crowd before crossing eyes with Gale.

She only must have seen him for a moment but it was moment enough to know, he had done nothing to help.

Shoving out in time to see an old ugly man backhand Katniss across the face, Peeta who was tied to a pole with his back bleeding and that peacekeeper yelling all at the same time.

Fury.

Rightful fury.

"AAH!!" The old man was thrown to the ground with a kick between the ribs.

"HOW DARE YOU!??" He had pointed the gun up before he even stood or looked up, when he did, crossing gazes with Percy's flaming ones.

"How dare I? How dare you!! You peacekeeper wannabes!!" She yelled back.

"Wow wow wow! Calm down please! This is a big misunderstanding!" Haymitch ran in, panting, probably called too since he knew this boy was the victors' friend. "Please calm down."

"They are obstructing a peace officers job!" The gun was jabbed more toward Percy.

"Do that again and I bite your wrist off." She promised.

"Please put the gun down. What will Snow say if there is dead victors huh? Will he give you a trophy? No. It is bad enough that you marked up her face on the day of the big wedding."

Percy was fuming, that kick was not enough, he had dared to hurt her friends and mark up Katniss?! She'll show him.

He was still glaring.

"Go on big man. Shoot me." She said. "But believe me when I say this. If you do, no candidate will sit idle and watch, they'll have your head by tonight because I said so."

He looked around with his eyes without turning his head, the look on the mentioned faces telling him she was correct, the single fact Percy mentioned it would bring on his death sooner rather then later.

With another tense second, he whipped his arm away.

"CURFEW IS NOT 6PM!! EVERYONE SEEN OUTSIDE OR INTERFERING WITH PEACEKEEPERS WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT!!" He bellowed. "Get out of here." He hissed.

Percy dropped from her pose, shoulder sagging, stumbling backwards and hurrying to Peeta, grabbing the cuffs, knowing how the open them without the key since she was a candidate.

"Sorry." She muttered, pressing them tighter before slamming the hing revealed on the pole , breaking one of his hands free and so freeing him. 

With Haymitch's help, heaving the boy up from the ground, carrying a lot of weight on one shoulder was still something complicated with her fake leg.

The shock madam Everdeen got when the nice boy Peeta was carried into the house as everything was shoved off the table and he was laid on it face first with a back cut open was something.

She had tried to help but it was Prim that ended up injecting the anti-pain-thingy while Percy held his arm so he couldn't hit Prim for stabbing the needle in him.

"I know, I don't like needles too." She said, the number of times she had needed to get shots for infections or other things because of Artemis was not a fond memory.

Peeta was groaning in pain, agony, just from water being poured onto his wounds before the injection kicked in.

Percy's anger had soon turned to hurt, all of it, and all because of Peeta.

Being loopy from the pain and meds, while Katniss was talking to him, his caressed her face and kissed her. The worse was that she didn't pull away, both smiling despite the situation.

And she felt shit, all of this happened and she felt jealous over that little worthless thing.

Idiot, Percy you are an idiot.