𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵-𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

I wait patiently for Xara's mom outside Brandon's house

I wait patiently for Xara's mom outside Brandon's house. Not gonna lie, the house looks very expensive, it's a Spanish architecture with a big yard. The word Brandon did kind of sound familiar to me, I heard the guy attended our school for Year 11. People say he was a top achiever and got respects from teachers and popular students.

He was a very quiet closed off guy but Xara is nothing like her father, she's more on her mom's side with personality and looks. I hear the gate open and see Milani stepping out of the house with her face filled with a look of hurt and disappointment.

I unlock the boot for Milani to place her belongings inside. She comes over to the front seat and lets out a breath that she was holding.

"Out of the hellhole?" I smirk.

"The trenches." She sighs as I start the ignition.

I drive out of the fancy neighbourhood into the freeway. I watch Milani look out the window blinking away her tears. "So we hate Brandon?"

"No, he's not a bad person. It's just that...he's moved on and I have to accept."

"I mean, like they say. There's plenty fish in the sea." I chuckle trying to brighten up the mood.

"Dirty, intoxicating fish in the sea. Ugly and disgusting manwhores who sell you out because their small dicks that don't want to take responsibility of the shit they're shit and I have to suffer!"

My eyes widen at her sudden outburst and look ahead not knowing what to say. "Not you though, you're not a dirty intoxicating fish, you seem like a nice friend for my daughter. Even though your dad runs a mafia." She whispers out the last part.

"Well I'll take that as a compliment." I swallow.

"You heard the friend part? FRIEND. Because you'll be a dirty intoxicating fish if you think of getting inside my daughter's pants. Are we clear?" She glares at me.

"Yes mam."

"Good, I don't care who you are, I'm a spiritual woman so your title does not scare me next thing you know the government is all against you and what your daddy dearest has built."

"Oh really?" I challenge.

"Try me."

I clear my throat nervously as I drive into the parking garage of the building filled with million pound penthouses and apartments. I wouldn't dare want to try her, after Xara revealing that her mom was in a gang I had to search her up and a lot came out.