Chapter 16

𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐎

"We have checked the security footage and found two men breaking and entering into your apartment during that seven hour time frame you were gone for. We didn't see their faces because they were wearing dark hoodies but we are offering to collect fingerprints from your apartment so we can further investigate then get back to you.  Are you comfortable with that?"

"Yes that would be great thank you" I said to the police officer who stood across from me in the lobby.

"Ok I'll just need to get in touch with our forensics team to come down here to collect the fingerprints. We'll need at least an hour. "

"Sure no problem officer take your time" A'kyiah spoke up for me.

As the police officer exited the building it was then I could finally slouch into the couch.

"I don't know why you get tense around police"

"Wrong move and the next thing you know they pinning you to the floor. You don't remember Black Lives Matter movement."

"Be fucking forreal Genie stop being racist" she eyed me.

"I'm being racist?!" my eyes widened a little while I pointed at my chest.

"Yes you acting like every white cop you encounter gon be doing that."

"Man whatever nice to know you sticking up for your people" I shot back.

"I'm just the stating the obvious fact."

I scrunched my eyebrows when I saw Trinity walking into the lobby. It's 9am in the morning and usually when  I'd call her around this time she'd still be sleeping.

"Morning Trinity" I said but she walked past me in a hurry.

"Trinity!" I called after her again and that's when she turned her head in my direction.

"Oh hey how are you" she sounded outta breath.

"I'm good. Are you good?" I looked at her weird.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be good?" she said

"How come you outside early in the morning at this time?"

"Are you her mom? Leave the pretty girl alone" Kya interrupted and I eyed her. Man she so fucking annoying.

"Trinity my twin monkey. Kya this is Trinity my..."

"His friend Trinity" Trinity finished my sentence.

"Shut the fuck up" Kya shoved me.

"My name is A'kyiah" Kya said to Trinity. "Boo boo the fool wanna start shit with me." she mugged me.

"Nice to meet you" Trinity laughed

"Trinity I just remember I have a favour for you. Someone broke into my apartment last night and trashed it so the police gonna be taking a look at the apartment. I was wondering if my sis could stay at your crib for a couple days til everything is sorted out.

"Yeah sure no problem but sorry for your house being broken into. You found the person?" she asked

" I don't know either" I smacked my lips.

"Hey could I speak with you in private about something?" Trinity asked and I gave her a weird look.

"About what?" I got up from the couch and she grabbed my hand and pulled me over to elevator.

"I don't know if this might help but a few weeks ago I got harrasssed by a couple men. Said they were looking for your brother."

"What? Are you okay? Did they hurt you? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" my eyes darkened. The thought of anyone putting hands on her I'm not afraid to shoot them.