Chapter 3

𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘

" These past few days have really been good for me and I've just been in a really good mood lately."

"What have changed in the last few days" my therapist asked me.

" You know not being under financial stress for once."

My rent and bills were all paid and I even got to spoil myself a little at the mall over the weekend plus I got my sister a high school graduation present.

" That's great" my therapist gave me a widened smile.

"So how's the fiance?"

"I looked at her weird because I never told her I was engaged.

"The ring" she pointed with her eyes at my finger.

"It's a litttle complicated right now we just figuring some things out." I shrugged my shoulders.

"But you still have hope in the two of you"

"Mmm maybe yes... I don't know" I responded

"Do you think he's the right partner for you?"

" I mean he helped me a lot after my mother's passing. I saw the more softer side of him which made me felt so secure with him." I told her.

"Yes and getting married at the age of twenty two is a big commitment. You need to know if you're willing to spend the rest of your life with your partner."

"Yes but people claim they're married to the love of there lives right now but end up divorced later. Only the lucky ones survive more than 30 years." I spoke.

"It can go both ways" my therapist agreed

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

"Pick out any colour you want" I told my sister.

After my therapist appointment, I picked up my sister from school to bring her to the Apple store in the mall.

"Oh this for me?" Nae pointed at herself her jaw dropping. "No way your buying me an iPad Trin where you getting all this money from?" she eyed me.

"Don't worry bout it"

" You sure cuz the pink IPad cost over a $1000" she commented.

"Yess girl I'm not blind nor broke " I chuckled

"But I know we been struggling with the rent for months now" she also commented.

I sighed

"You deserve it Nae plus it's a part of your grad present"

"Are you sure sure you not tricking me right now?" she eyed me once more.

"I'm not" I told her. I know Nae and she been wanting the pink IPad for while now for UCLA college. She's been talking about it for months now.

"Alright" she finally agreed and I gave her a smile.

After we paid we decided we would walk around the mall and get a few more stuff for Nae. We stopped at H&M, Ardene, Aeropostale, Urban Planet, Forever 21 and now we were about to enter Nike to get her some new dunks.

"You sure treating me like a bag holder" I mumbled as I set the bags on the seat and took a seat myself as Nae tried on the pink youth dunks in front of the mirror.

"Yo these are fireee" she turned around to see every angle of the shoes and took out her phone to take a pic.

"You getting them?" I asked her.

"Of course" she looked at me like I was crazy.

"Ok good cause I want to go home now" I told her because a new episode of you was coming on tv today and I don't wanna miss it.

"Ok" she agreed

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

"Thank you Trin for today" Nae said as we walked into the lobby of the apartment.

"You don't have to" I told her.

" Yes I do y'know after mom's passing we been having it rough and–"

"I know Nae I kn–" I paused when I noticed the familiar darkskin waiting by the elevator I was planning to get on. He had his back turned to me with his hands in his sweatpants pockets.

"What you were about to say" Nae scrunched up her eyebrows.

Delano turned his head around and heart started to pound faster for no reason. He gave me a smirk and I gave him back a tight lipped smile as I stopped a few feet away from him waiting on the elevator as well.

"Hey" he nodded his chin up at me.

"Y'all know each other?"Nae gave us weird stares as she looked between us.

"Ye–"

"No" I cut him off giving him a hard stare.

"Ok then" Nae shrugged going on her phone.

I could feel his eyes on me but I looked anywhere but him. The wall looked extra good today.

The elevator dinged and opened its doors. I was about step in when Delano also rushed for the elevator causing the both of us to brush against each other.

"Ladies first" he stepped back letting Nae and I go through first.

"Y'all had a great time today?" he smirked looking down at all the bags I had in my hand. He definately knows now I been spending the money he gave me.

" Yeah it was nice" Nae smiled at him. "How bout yourself?"

She didn't have to answer but knowing her friendly self she talks to anyone.

"Ehh it was alright y'know just coming back from work" he replied.

The elevator doors opened

"This is my floor so I'll see y'all sometime again?" he had his eyes on me and Nae nodded her head.

I didn't say nothing but I watched him leave the elevator before I could breathe normally again.