Thirty-Three: Many Things

Last chapter before the epilogue :(

Hope you all enjoy <3

●・○・♥︎・○・●

5 Months Later

Today was the day.

The championship game.

Tatum knew that Brady would be struggling with it considering what happened last year.

He hadn't been talking about it much, but she noticed him acting a bit different as the date got closer and closer. He asked her to schedule more PT sessions for the two of them, which was a bit of a concern for her. At first, she thought something was physically wrong. But it seemed like he just couldn't stop thinking about his knee. Tatum would go along with whatever he asked. If he wanted to spend hours tending to his knee and executing their plan, then that was what they would do.

Tatum had started her position with Doctor Ashford and it could not have been going better, honestly. She was learning more than she ever could have imagined. Her schedule even allowed her time to do things outside of her work— something she never thought possible. Doctor Ashford was incredibly accommodating for whatever she needed and always jumped at the chance to help her learn. Tatum would be getting her application in place for med-school soon, and she had to admit... she had a pretty good feeling about it all. She was sending an application in to the program at Doctor Ashford's hospital and considering she had essentially forced herself into the lives of everyone who worked there, she had a good feeling.

The morning of the championship game was slow. Tatum woke up a bit before Brady that morning, gazing at him as he slept. She felt slightly creepy as she watched him, but she really didn't care. She loved to watch him sleep. These were the kinds of mornings that Tatum loved. She didn't think she would get this kind of serenity in her life. But she did, and she wanted to cherish every moment of that. And so, she stared.

"You're doing it again," Brady murmured, his eyes still shut.

Tatum smiled at him. "How long have you been awake?"

"Long enough to know you've crossed into the realm of creepy," he continued, finally opening his eyes. She laughed, swatting at him. Brady chuckled as he gently grabbed her waist and pulled her close to him, inhaling deeply. She melted into his touch, her head resting on his chest. Brady held her against him, running a hand through her hair.

"How are you doing?" Tatum asked, her fingers lazily tracing circles on his chest.

"I'm okay," he told her, rubbing a hand on her bare back. "It's just weird, I guess. Can't believe it's been a year since everything happened."

Tatum nodded gently. "You feel okay to play?"

"Yeah, my knee's fine."

"That's not what I meant," she corrected in a quiet voice.

"I know," Brady admitted, placing a hand behind his head. "I'm still fine, though. Just gonna be a weird day."

"Well, I'm here for whatever you need," Tatum told him, lifting her head up to look at him.

He smirked at her. "Whatever I need, huh?"

Tatum gave him an amused look. "You have anything left to give after last night?"

Brady's face broke out into a full grin and he grabbed her by the hips. She squealed as he flipped himself so he was on top of her. She bounced against the bed, letting out a laugh as she said, "I'll take that as a yes."