❤️‍🩹7❤️‍🩹

Pov Shumaila

It had been two days since the reception, and this morning Zafiya had flown out with her husband and his son, and I was already missing them, the house was so empty without them. I instantly got on well with Zafiya's husband, ilyas.
He had a way of talking that gave me the impression that he understood my situation without me saying anything like a big brother.

Zafiya warned me that this was one of his talents, understanding people without words, and I agreed.

I looked around my room, sitting on our bed, reading a book after finishing praying isha only by the small light in the room.
Since the reception, Uzair had been leaving early and coming back late, he seemed disturbed by something but he was never going to share it with me even if I questioned him.

I'd fallen asleep last night before he came back and woken up this morning after he'd left, missing him and wondering if he'd even come home yesterday ?

I felt sad about this situation, in the past we couldn't go more than a day without seeing each other properly, and these four years apart have just been hell, and it's even harder now knowing that we're literally in the same room without speaking properly.

Suddenly the main light in the room came on, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Uzair was standing by the light switch sweating, not in his usual Armani outfit but in sportswear.

I smiled at him, really pleased to see her and was about to give her the Salam, when without saying a word, he rushed towards the bathroom, disappointed, I turned off the bedroom light and lay down, closing my book.

Decidedly, this day sucked, I tried to fall asleep but couldn't in the end, so I put myself on my right side and closed my eyes.

"Are you asleep ?" I heard Uzair's voice echoing behind me.

I slowly opened my eyes and turned on the bedroom light, blushing when I saw that he was wearing a bathrobe that showed a bit of his bare chest.

He was still soaking wet, why had he showered so quickly ?

"not yet, I'm trying to get some sleep", I reassure him.

He nodded, and waited a moment before speaking, as if he wanted to tell me something.

"I'm sorry, Shumaila"  he muttered

I looked at him extremely surprised, had I misheard what he had just said
? Had he really just apologised, but why?

"I've thought about it, a lot over the last two days, and I've realised that there's no point in being angry at you for someone who isn't even in my life any more, especially as you didn't abandon me in the end, but Ayesha did" he said sorry.

My heart was beating fast, I really felt like I was dreaming. "I want my friendship with you back, I want my Miss Panda back to me, I want to start a new one friendship, but I don't want to punish us both any more, I don't want to make you suffer any more" he continued sincerely.

I nodded positively. "Can we all start again ? "I ask him hopefully

"But promise Shumaila, there will be nothing more than our friendship between us, I want my best friend, not anything else, if you ever fall in love with someone, you'll have every right to divorce me and go with him, I'll always be there as your best friend" he warns me.

I froze for a moment, it was certainly painful, but I couldn't see myself divorcing him, or simply loving someone other than him.

"Uzair, my feelings for you have already disappeared, don't worry," I assure him.