𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 - 𝟎𝟏𝟓

My head feels like it's going to explode

I sat up and rubbed my face. Looking around panicked, I see a tray beside me filled with snacks, water and ginger ale. Beside all of that was a note.

If you're awake and reading this, I'm probably not there. I am out getting neccesities. I would prefer if you stayed until I got back but I can't force you to do anything. Hope you feel better, Mwah.

So this is Dahlia's bed.

I don't remember much from last night, all I remember was going out with Flynn and a few other friends, them leaving me there to go off with some boys they met and drinking a little over my limit.

Looking back at the tray, I felt my heart warm. It had everything I needed on it, including painkillers. Nobody had cared that much to do something like that for me. Flynn only giving me a Tylenol and telling me to sleep on it.

Dahlia was too sweet, she made me feel like I didn't deserve her. I felt my eyes begin to well up as I sniffled.

The door to the bedroom opened to reveal Dahlia holding grocery bags in her hand but placing them down and running over to me. I guess had been too consumed by my thoughts to notice she came into the apartment.

"What's wrong, are you okay?" She said, grabbing the tissue and wiping the tears that ran down my cheeks. I broke down as soon as she asked that. I felt her arms wrap around me, pulling me in her embrace.

"Oh love. What's the matter hm? Please don't cry."

"N-nobody has e-ever done this f-for me before." I cried, hiccuping between my words.
I looked at Dahlia to see her frown and rub my cheeks with her fingers.

"T-thank you."

"No need to thank me, honey, you needed me and I was there. You shouldn't thank me for doing the bare minimum." She said, kissing the top of my head.

We sat there in silence, enjoying each other's presence. Letting out a sniffle now and then. "I was out getting the ingredients to make my grandmother's soup, it's for situations exactly like these. Do you want to cuddle some more or would you like me to make it for you?" She asked, stroking her hands through my hair. I loved when she did that.

"Soup please," I whispered.

"Alright love," Dahlia breathed as she got up. " I can run you a bath before I prepare it, would you like that?"

I nodded and watched as she walked off to her bathroom. The water started to run almost immediately. It took her 5 minutes to get everything set up.

"The bath is ready, love. You can get in when you're ready. Take your time. There's no rush."

"Thank you." She gave a small nod and left the room.

I walked into the bathroom and I was automatically greeted with the smell of pomegranate. On the counter was a fresh new toothbrush with toothpaste, a brand new bottle of Dove body wash, a towel, washcloth, loofah, deodorant and a speaker playing soft violin.

I undressed, grabbed what I needed and stepped into the tub. I felt jets begin to massage my back and overpower the water. I felt all of my muscles loosen up, and my whole body beginning to relax.

☆ ☆ ☆

I woke up to a knock on the bathroom door. "Raeni? Are you doing alright?"

Shit. I fell asleep in the tub.

"Yes!" I immediately started draining the tub and I got up wrapping the towel around my body.
"Oh ok, I just wanted to let you know that the soup was done. Again, there's no rush." She said softly before her footsteps retreated from the door.

I got dressed in the clothes she had laid out, brushed my teeth and washed my face. I walked out to the living room to see her watching TV.

"You doing alright?" She asked with a smile.

I nodded, " Thank you for everything you've been doing for me, truly."

"Don't mention it. The soup's in the kitchen."

Walking into the kitchen, I grabbed the bowl sitting on the counter and placed a decent amount of soup in it along with some saltine crackers. I walked back to where she sat, sitting beside her.

The volume on the TV turned down, I looked over to see Dahlia holding the remote.

"After you're done eating, we need to talk."