𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 - 𝟎𝟑

The rest of my day consisted of Chinese takeout, a few more episodes of Scandal and an ongoing 3-hour-long Facetime call with my best friend, Gabby

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The rest of my day consisted of Chinese takeout, a few more episodes of Scandal and an ongoing 3-hour-long Facetime call with my best friend, Gabby.

"Girl, you need to go out more. Do you know how depressing it is for you to be at home slouching all day every day, " she said, painting her toenails. "Have a drink, find a girl to fuck, live a little!"

"It's not depressing to me. I think it's quite relaxing actually." I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

I was never much of a social person. Instead of going to sleepovers and birthday parties, I watched Nanny McPhee movies and practiced violin instead. It's not like I was never invited, I was but I always just wanted to be alone. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Like my mother always said , " Encuentra tu paz y quédate con ella, cariño, no dejes que nadie cambie quién eres." (Find your peace and stick with it darling. Don't let anybody change who you are.)

I heard Gabby scoff and start rambling about how her girlfriend screwed her over. It's been happening for the longest. No matter how much advice I give, she never seems to leave her. Not much more I can do.

I began to tune her out until I received a message on my phone.

Raeni <3
Hey gorgeous, are you free tomorrow at 6?

I blushed at the nickname before picking my phone up and responding.

Me
Yes, but I told you, you didn't have to repay me.

She replied almost immediately. I love it when people do that.

Raeni <3
Don't think of it as me repaying you. Think of it as a simple hangout between two soon-to-be friends:)..

Me
Fine , can I ask what we're doing though?

Raeni <3
Nope, it's a surprise ;), I'll text you the address.

Me
Ok , see you soon!

I must've been grinning a bit too hard at our interaction because Gabby seemed to take notice.

"What's got you smiling like that?" she asked with a smirk.

"None of your business, goodnight. I love you. Mwah." I blew a kiss and hung up the phone before she could say anything. It's getting late and I need a good night's rest for tomorrow.

☆ ☆ ☆

The next day I called out work to prepare myself mentally and physically for this "simple hangout". I don't know why I'm stressing about it so much. It's not like I'm getting proposed to.

I spent the first few hours of my day reading, practicing my violin and watching old Nickelodeon ( all three things to calm my nerves).

The time was around 3 o'clock and I like to get ready ahead of time so I don't rush and forget to do something.

I already took a shower and did my skincare. Now I'm standing in my closet.

"Hmm, what should I wear? I don't want to look too flashy but I also don't want to look too simple." I said rummaging through my racks.

Should I text and ask? No. That's gonna look like I'm thinking about it too hard. I'm just gonna go with what feels right.

I ended up picking a white dress, purple sweater and white sandals. Not too much, not too basic. It's perfect.

I took my time with my hair and makeup. I did my hair, putting it in a half up half down and I did a soft glam for my makeup.

"You're fine, she's not a creep. You're gonna be safe and have fun. Just breathe." I muttered to myself. Taking a look at myself in the mirror, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

☆ ☆ ☆

It's currently 5:30 and I'm fully dressed. I ended up telling Gabby what happened between me and Raeni. I showed her my outfit and she assured me that I looked good and that everything was going to be fine.

That's why I love her, she never fails to make me feel good about myself and she always supports me.

I was strolling through my phone when I received a text notification from Raeni. I clicked on it hoping she didn't cancel.

Raeni <3
Let me know when you get here.

Thank God. I grabbed my stuff, did one more round of perfume and texted her back.

Me
Omw out the house.

I took a deep breath and remembered what I told myself earlier.