19 • The truth and Vulnerability

You sat there almost lifeless for god knows how long

You sat there almost lifeless for god knows how long. There wasn't any clock in that room. That's when the door creaked open revealing a drunk jungkook.

You didn't bother to look at him as you kept your gaze on the ground. Jungkook silently sat on his one knee, trying to look closely at your  cuffed wrist.

You heard some dangling of keys as you intently looked at his actions from the corner of your eyes.

He silently sat down beside you before pulling out the first-aid kit which you failed to notice before. The room was dead silent, only your breathing could be heard while he gently treated your bruised wrist.

"Why are you doing this?"

You asked calmly, looking at him as he put back the things in the kit.

"I wasn't lying when I said I love you"

You bit your lips at his statement, trying to control your emotions. Only if you know,I wasn't lying either.

He sat beside you while his back was pressed against the bed. exhaling a sharp breath he threw his head on the bed while staring at the ceiling.

"What made you do this?"

He asked out of nowhere but you knew what he was talking about. You gulped down,

"you forced me Jungkook while I was in love with Jimin"

you whispered quietly as he laughed.

"That's not it, tell me what did he tell you?"

He asked, still not looking at you.

"He...he told me how your family ruined his family and his sister….whom you killed"

you cautiously said while he finally tilted his head to look at you.

"And you believed it? Without knowing the actual situation? And poor me thought you loved me"

he laughed at his own misery while your heart stopped. Actual situation?

"You're aware that she was in love with me, aren't you?"

He asked while you slowly nodded your head.

"I loved her too"

your eyes widened at the unknown information. He loved her?

"But we knew we can't be together because we belong to rival families. We were just 17, but I was well aware of the circumstances. But that day my heart decided to be selfish just for once but I regret it so much. She got killed by my… father. He killed her just like he killed my mom"