What Changed Now?!

Maryn's Pov: 

My gaze traveled across Kyle's goddamn hot body, his perfect abs and biceps but there were many bruises over them. There was a big cut near his lips too. What The Hell Happened? Who Did This? How Did He Get Hurt? Panic-stimulated thoughts occupied my mind. As he felt my eyes on his wounds, he instantly tried to turn away to hide his bruises but I cupped his cheeks and forced him to look at me. I wanted to sound like an angry bird because obviously, I was angry at the carelessness that made him stand with scars, without any ointment applied on them. 

But instead, worry and panic got the best of me and I stuttered, "How di-did this happen, Kyle? Why are there so ma-many bruises on your b-body? Are you ok-okay?" His eyes were calm as he tried to reassure me, "It's alright Maryn. Shhhhh. These are nothing. Just a little injury. It's Okay." I took a deep breath and after a few minutes, snapped, "No, it's not." I grabbed his arm while dragging him to his bed and said with a warning, "Sit. Try to move from here and I will add some more bruises than u already have." He nodded while grinning which made me more annoyed. WHY THIS BOY CAN'T TAKE CARE OF HIMSELF? 

I tipsily went to my room and took out a tube for his wounds, that I kept for emergencies. I went back to see him exactly where I left him. His eyes narrowed in question as to what I was doing and was about to say something but  I gave him a "DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THIS" look which made him shut his mouth. He was sitting at the edge of the bed as I made my way to him and stood between his legs which were widely spread for me to stand there. I took some gel out of the tube and gently massaged it on his wounds, making sure I didn't press on the bruises tightly. 

He made it difficult for me to focus as he kept his eyes on me the entire time. When I applied it all across his hands and shoulders, I took some more gel on my finger and my hand slowly went to the big cut near his mouth. 

Our eyes interlocked in a way that our surroundings started feeling really hot as many emotions and feelings were exchanged between us. My heart drummed erratically in my chest, ready to come out anytime. My finger was about to touch his lips when his gaze darkened and he grabbed my wrist hard but not enough to cause any pain. We both leaned our heads in sync and our lips were just inches apart. That distance was killing me from inside and I wanted to close it. I needed to feel his lips on mine, his warm breath on my face, his hands on my body in a way that he owned me, and wanted all the distance gone between us.  

My stomach grumbled and we both broke out of the moment, realizing what we were about to do. I was shocked to feel something physically for him, for Kyle like seriously?! OH NO... He chuckled softly while eyeing my stomach and damn, it took everything in me, not to blush from that chuckle which once used to sound annoying and mocking to me. So what changed now ?! 

Kyle slowly went to his cupboard and pulled on a black t-shirt over his naked upper half. I felt disappointment and confusion bubble up in my chest and I eyed his back, which was turned to me, in disagreement with this action. It was as if he sensed my mood, he pulled the t-shirt over his head, took boxers out of his cupboard, and gently turned towards me. 

He smirked while slowly walking towards me, his voice terribly dangerous, "If you want to see my body, Maryn, you just have to ask for it." I eyed him and was about to protest but he quickly said, "Okay, no need to scold me or anything. You are hungry and you need to eat right now." He gently tossed his shirt and boxers to me and said, "Take a shower if you want, wear this quickly, and come down. I'll prepare something for you." 

As he was leaving, I said, "Don't poison my food." He laughed and went, closing the door behind him. I just stared into space as my mind tried its best to process what all happened at the party till now. I left the dance floor and went to sit at the bar, Zade came and we drank champagne, he smirked, Kyle came and pushed Zade, and I remember what all happened in this room. But what the fuck happened in between? And why the hell I was in Kyle's room? 

I face-palmed myself for not thinking of any of these when I woke up in Kyle's room. But, it was so difficult to remember anything when I saw him against the railing of the balcony, his body looking tensed. I just felt the need to comfort him at that time. 

I broke out of my thoughts and quickly took a warm shower. My head was still hurting a little but the pain was manageable. As I put on Kyle's clothes, I was greeted by his scent and a warm sensation throughout my body. His t-shirt reached the boxer's length which made me look like I wasn't wearing anything beneath. I tried to ignore that and head downstairs to eat something.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Reader, 

Are you in love with Kyle and Maryn too? Comment your favorite scene and give this chapter a star/like, whatever u call it.