|𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧|

E T H E R E A L
chapter seven

"IS SOMEONE GOING TO TELL ME WHO THIS IS?" Stefan questioned upon entering his abode, glancing at the new face that was sitting on a sofa at The Salvatore House. A certain girl with pin-straight hair was trailing behind him, although timidly so, scared by the new surroundings around her.

The trio that consisted of Damon, Enzo, and Selene did not respond for a moment, all of them having better things to worry about. Selene was relaxing in one of the sofas, drinking a caramel frappe that she got on the way towards The Boarding House after stopping to polish Enzo up a bit. She couldn't help herself really; they were so delicious and she was craving something sweet after being the cause of all of the violence that occurred at Whitmore.

With the other hand, she was softly going through the tendrils of Damon's hair, as his head was nestled in her lap, not showing signs that he had heard his brother's question.

Damon wasn't even in their world at this point. He was too delirious to actually mumble words. The brunette's hands on his hair felt too good to do anything else or to hold a second thought. After waking up in the backseat of his little witch's car, he cursed everything around him, questioning the girl about the pain when she promised him a protection spell. She later elaborated on why she did what she did, which caused an angry pout to form on his tentative lips for the rest of the drive back to Mystic Falls. Selene felt a little bad, however, so she suggested a small treat; a little head and neck massage. Of course, Damon accepted such an offer, and since then, the raven vampire hasn't been responsive.

Selene began to slightly pull at his hair, and he had to harshly bite his lip to prevent him from groaning out loud. It felt too good, too damn good.

Unaware of Damon's thoughts, Selene continued to slurp on her Frappe, giving Stefan a long look before completely ignoring the other brunette in the room. She glanced at Enzo, who was also holding a caramel frappe – the cup almost empty – and wiggled her eyebrows, "Want to introduce yourself, big guy?"

Enzo smiled at her after finishing his cold beverage, "Of course angel." He turned to the duo that were still in the foyer of the house, "Lorenzo St. John. Pleasure to be your acquaintance."

Stefan nodded at him cautiously before moving further into the living room, "Stefan Salvatore, and this one right here," he pointed to the brunette clinging to him timidly, "Is my girlfriend, Elena Gilbert."

The couple had their backs to Selene, so they couldn't see the way she silently gagged at Elena's name, but a certain vampire — the one who had finished his Frappe — did, causing him to desperately hide the smile that was beginning to form on his face. His angel was quite humorous.

Wanting to be a part of the conversation, Damon swayed his head to the side, so that his right cheek was pressed against Selene's thigh, tiredly opened his eyes and murmured, "What – you're not going to introduce me to her Stefan?"

Stefan rolled his eyes, and turned around to the scene happening between his new friend and his brother. He stared at the hand that was gently stroking his brother's hair, and a foul sensation began to form at the pit of his stomach. He wanted to rip his brother away from the girl and completely take his place — and that wholly confused him. Why was he feeling resentful to the actions happening in front of him? He had a girlfriend — why was he having this sudden attitude?

"Stefan?" Elena's voice snapped him out of his appalling thoughts, and he cleared his throat, trying to smile at the girl he cared about... Because he did care about her... right?