01. HAVE YOU SEEN MADDIE NEARS?

"it has been a very trying last few days, as we know

"it has been a very trying last few days, as we know. with the news of jenna wolf's tragic passing followed by this.. the school community needs your help."

"the split river police are considering the case of maddie nears a missing person investigation." principal hartman gave the chilling information to the students during the assembly that was called after recent events.

the man was standing in front of a huge projector that had plastered a ginormous photo of maddie on it. the students erupted into chatter at this announcement. it was still so fresh.

"i know this is alarming news, but we have every hope she will be found." principal hartman reassured everyone.

"what was her name again? maggie somebody?" a girl in the crowd turned to ask a classmate.

"who cares. i'm still too upset about jenna." the other girl responded.

"me too. i can't believe she's gone." she sighed.

"i heard they found a bunch of the missing girl's blood smeared all over the janitor's closet."

"i thought it was the boiler room."

"they think her phone's like.. still in the school somewhere."

"oh my god?! she doesn't have her phone? that's so sad."

principal hartman hushed the chatter, "and i remind you, if you know anything, anything at all, please come forward. and now a little levity.. a routine from our very own split river cheer squad." the students applauded as the girls came running onto the stage directly in front of the photo of maddie.

jenna wolf, a newly dead girl, sat up on the top of the gym on one of the bleacher rows alongside maddie nears. the girl everyone was looking for. she was dead. a full on ghost, just like the brunette.

"hey, at least they used a nice photo of you." charley, another ghost at the school, tried lightening the mood as he took a seat behind the girls. they didn't look too pleased.

"i'm trying to focus." maddie muttered keeping her eyes on the crowd.

"i should be up there." jenna crossed her arms glancing at the cheer squad, "i've been gone for like five seconds and claire already has her claws hooked in MY squad."

"from head cheerleader to zombie cheerleader.. tough break." charley sarcastically commented getting a fed up look from the wolf girl.

the three watched as the cheer squad spelled out bandits, finishing out their screams with one final chat, "for jenna! and.. maggie!"

"it's maddie!" the blonde screamed in frustration. jenna didn't blame her, at least she was liked. maddie nears seemed to be a nobody.

charley huffed, "okay.. say it with me one more time now."