Chapter 67

Liu Shuang said, "The rumors in the streets and the wild history in books are originally a mixture of truth and falsehood."

After leaving the tea house, the two walked towards the inn where they were staying. Since leaving Qishan that night, Shen Qiqi had been living a happy-go-lucky life, eating and drinking every day, and visiting famous scenic spots. Now that there was no annoying person to disturb them, they were living a very comfortable life.

On the way back, Shen Qiqi walked and looked around. The streets on both sides were full of various stalls, offering food, drinks, entertainment, and various performances, making it very lively.

She had a red candied haw in her mouth and approached an uncle who was making sugar figurines on the side, asking casually, "By the way, what did you do today, Senior sister?"

Liu Shuang took out her purse and did not choose to hide anything, answering, "I went to find Situ Yun."

"Oh, the young master," Shen Qiqi paused, and the sweet haw suddenly turned sour in her mouth.

Why did Senior sister go to find Situ Yun?

When did they become so close?

She suddenly felt a strong sense of crisis in her heart: Although Situ Yun had deviated from the original plan a bit, he was still the male lead that she had created with her own hands. Moreover, he had a stable relationship with Liu Shuang later on. Now that Liu Shuang had a second chance at life, she should be able to distinguish who was good to her and who was not. Thinking about it this way, Situ Yun had a good chance of successfully becoming the male lead.

This is not acceptable!

She absolutely cannot let this happen!

Ah, she never thought that one day she would have to fight for her own male lead!

Shen Qiqi became more and more panicked, and even imagined Liu Shuang and Situ Yun getting married in the demon realm, with a happy occasion, guests everywhere. Everyone was congratulating them, and Liu Shuang bowed to her and thanked her for being a good sister who had been with her all the way. Finally, she watched the two enter the bridal chamber and couldn't help but cry as she walked out.

...So heart-wrenching. She can't think about it anymore, she might have a heart attack.

"Why did you go find him?" Shen Qiqi pretended to be calm and asked, but her words could not conceal the sourness. "Can't he come find you himself? Wasn't he very diligent before...Could it be that he overindulged and had kidney deficiency?"

Liu Shuang suppressed a smile and replied, "...It's not easy, he can't come out."

Shen Qiqi was taken aback. Could her curse have taken effect so soon?

"Why can't he come out?"

"Lately, he has been closely watched by Situ Chiheng," Liu Shuang said. "They have found out that several of his subordinates are undercover agents sent by Situ Chiheng."

Shen Qi chewed on a red candied haw and swirled the sticky syrup on her tongue, looking thoughtful. "Situ Chiheng, huh..."

She remembered him as the biological father of Situ Yun, the current legitimate ruler of the demon realm and the unlucky demon lord who had been kicked back to the demon realm by the Heaven's Tainwen Sword Technique after a fight with Shen Jue.

In the book, this demon lord was barely a mid-game boss. He was the biggest stumbling block for Liu Shuang's ascension to the demon lord's throne. To put it nicely, Liu Shuang and he were in equal competition. To put it bluntly, Situ Yun helped Liu Shuang seize the throne and kicked his biological father off the stage.