three

"How could you not tell me that you know Daniel?" Luisinha quietly screeches as they exit through the paddock gates, her hands squeezing tightly on her best friends arm.

Isla on the other hand was in full blown panic mode, she genuinely never thought she'd have to run into Daniel again. Let alone here at an F1 race of all places when she was only here to support her best friends boyfriend.

"Because I wasn't aware he was the Daniel!" She finally replies in a slight gasp, leading the girl to her car. "There's no way this is happening right now."

"Esperar. The Daniel? As in New York City, Daniel? I mean, I kind of guessed it but shit." Luisinha gasps as her best friend nods. "How the hell could you not know who he is? Seu idiota."

Isla had gotten used to Luisinhas Portuguese mumblings a long time ago, especially when she was frustrated. In fact, Isla herself was really frustrated right now from how confused she was. She spent six hours with that man and not once did he mention he was an F1 driver? Or maybe she was too tipsy to remember.

Meanwhile, Lando was grilling Daniel with questions, while Daniel himself was grilling Michael. Lando had a tendency to act like an overly excited ten year old more often than not, right now was absolutely no exception.

"I don't get it. How do you know Isla?" the british boy asks, "I can't think of one single connection you could possibly have other than me."

Daniel was doing his best to ignore his teammate, focusing his attention on Michael. "How could you not tell me she was here? You were in the garage the whole time!"

"Dude, I didn't see her!" Michael argues, lifting his hands in surrender. "They were on Landos side of the garage, I didn't think he had any guests today other than Luisinha."

"Why are you talking about me as if I'm not right here?" Lando huffs from behind them, pouting like a child.

Daniel yet again disregards him, turning to Michael again with wide eyes. "What am I supposed to say to her? Scratch that, how am I supposed to act around her?"

"Boys, can we please talk about all of this later?" Charlotte chastises, all three men immediately quieting. When she had applied for this job she didn't know it would entail babysitting fully grown men. "Now, get in the pen and let's get this day over with."

★彡★彡★彡

The weekend had flown by pretty quickly and before they knew it, it was already race day. Isla hadn't managed to run into Daniel during any of his free time to have their 'catch up' that he had requested. Part of her kind of felt disappointed about it but the other part of her was slightly relieved because she didn't know what she could say to him.

Him and Lando had both done really well during the sprint though, landing P5 and P6 again by the end of it. There seemed to be a lot of pressure building in the McLaren facilities that morning, the expectations high for what they expected from both of their drivers that day.

She was walking down to the garage alongside Luinsinha and Lando, sunglasses placed on the tip of her nose. The couple were conversing over their dinner plans for the night and possible parties for the group of them attend, since there were always plenty on race days.

"I honestly don't feel like babysitting you two lightweights for the night." Isla snorts at the mention of parties and alcohol. "Especially you, Lu."

"Hey! I'm not that bad, Max will be here and he's definitely worse than me." Luisinha argues, Lando patting her arm in sympathy with a small smile.