Prequel- Chapter 4: All The Time For You

Elian Storm

I was nervous.

More nervous than I could ever recall being.

I waited outside my friend David's house, tapping my foot anxiously and checking my wristwatch after every five seconds.

Alena said she would come, but I kept fearing that at the last moment, she would text she wouldn't be able to come. It was my first time asking out a girl to join me for a party. I was acutely aware it was weird.

But the truth was, I never had the time to just go out and party with girls or in general. In high school, I was always too busy training to take over the gang, and now in university, I was putting that training to practical use.

Besides that, I had my grades to maintain and learn how to do business. I couldn't afford to waste my time on parties and meeting girls. In fact, I didn't even plan on attending tonight's party.

But I wanted to see Alena. That's why I accepted the invitation.

Texting with her was fun. But my mind kept drifting to what she would look like when we talk and laugh in person. Eventually, thoughts of her filled my mind. I had no idea I could desire to see someone's face that bad.

I fixed the collar of my black denim jacket, feeling high-strung. Although I normally dressed up fashionably–at least that's what I liked to believe–I had put extra thought into getting ready tonight. In my stubbornness to choose a not-too-much and not-too-less outfit, it took me an hour to decide on what to wear. Even so, I still wasn't totally satisfied with my appearance. I might have taken more time unless I didn't worry about giving a late impression on Alena.

I knew I was thinking over this too much. But I couldn't help it. I was nervous—

Only until my eyes landed on a redhead, who stood out amongst the swarming crowd of people, dressed in a bottle green crop top and tight black jeans. For a long moment, I just stared at her, all the nervous jitters draining out of my body, leaving me with pure happiness.

I almost raised my hand to wave in her direction and holler her name in excitement until I remembered that I was raised to be a sophisticated person in public, not a loud hooligan.

But damn my excitement.

I couldn't stop the big smile from spreading across my lips.

What was there to be scared of? Just being in her ten-meter radius, I felt myself relax.

Controlling my mile-wide-smile, I walked up behind Alena and whispered in her ear, "Hey, glad you made it."

Alena jumped a little at my sudden presence, placing a hand over her chest, then she relaxed, realizing it was only me. But right after that, she puffed her cheeks and slapped my arm. "Jerk."

I laughed lightly, reeling at her cuteness, and said, "Tell me you wouldn't have done the same."

"I would. But you are still the jerk. Good thing your friend's house is so close to the campus. Otherwise, I would have thrown my heel at you when I saw you."

"If it was far, I would have offered to give you a ride myself," I responded.

"You better would have," she said and looked up at the mansion ahead in awe. "Wow, your friend's house, or should I say his mansion, is huge. And it's so gorgeous."

I followed her gaze and thought of my parents' mansion, which was twice as this one, but I didn't want to come off as a showoff to her. So I said, "You know what else is gorgeous?"