𝒊𝒙. The Dragon Egg

╔═════๑♡๑═════╗
CHAPTER NINE
╚═════๑♡๑═════╝

IT HAD BEEN TEN MONTHS SINCE Aenora and Daemon left Kings Landing

IT HAD BEEN TEN MONTHS SINCE Aenora and Daemon left Kings Landing. And after a month of trying to conceive, they were told Aenora was with child. Both of them were very happy. They had found their peace on Dragonstone and they were utterly in-love. Daemon had made his peace with not being heir, and Aenora with the fact that her mother was gone. They had helped each other through their struggles and had became extremely close to one another. They were practically inseparable.

Aenora had not told anyone other than those who were on Dragonstone that she was with child. She did not tell her father, nor her sister. And even though she did not write to her sister in fear she might be upset that she was not there for her, there was not a day that she didn't think about her. Aenora hoped that Rhaenyra was happy and loved. She only ever wished the best for her little sister.

This pregnancy was not kind to Aenora and there were days she wished her mother was there to help her through it, but she was very grateful she had Daemon. Her mother was right about the discomfort. He was with almost at all times. He always made sure that she had gotten enough sleep, eaten, drank enough water, and made sure she was comfortable and loved. She had never seen this side of Daemon before. Sometimes she joked about how he had become the gentle one and he'd joke about how she became even more soft. There was one time were they had fish for dinner and she cried because the fish was dead. To say the least, he did not know how to comfort her so he ran through the castle to find Lydia.

Lydia was the second person Aenora told about pregnancy. Lydia was almost as happy and excited as Daemon. For weeks Daemon and Lydia argued about the child's sex. Lydia wanted a boy and Daemon wanted a girl, Aenora just wanted a healthy babe. Any time Daemon and Lydia were put in the same room, they'd argue for hours. Aenora could often walked out of the room without them noticing because of this. The maester said he could not tell.

"Aenora," Lydia said.

The Princess was half asleep on a chair, "Hm?"

"Would you like to go lie down?" Lydia asked, seeing as Aenora looked to be uncomfortable.

"I want to finish my book first," Aenora said with her eyes closed.

Lydia smiled. "You're not even reading any more, you're almost asleep. We should get you to your bed."

"I'm enjoying the sun."

"Then I'll have one of--"

Before Lydia could finish her sentence a guard rushed in.

"Otto Hightower and about twenty men have landed on the beach," the guard said.

Aenora huffed as she opened her eyes. These days it didn't take long her for to become angry, and just the name 'Otto' infuriated her. Her father also for sending that horrendous man and other men as if he meant to do something to his own daughter. Aenora knew why they were here, she was just surprised it took so long.