𝒊. Betrothed

╔═════๑♡๑═════╗
CHAPTER ONE
╚═════๑♡๑═════╝

AENORA WALKED THROUGH THE LARGE halls of the Red Keep

AENORA WALKED THROUGH THE LARGE halls of the Red Keep. She kept her head down and her eyes on her feet as she walked. She knew her way around the castle well enough to do this. Her father had called for her to meet him in the small council chamber. As she made her way through the halls, she wondered what he wanted to speak to her about. This was unusual to her because the only time they really spoke was during meals and after small council meetings, other than that they didn't really spend time together.

When Aenora approached the chamber two guards opened the large doors. She stood there for a moment, debating on whether she should be worried or not. As she entered, she decided she was worried.

Aenora would worry herself to death if that was possible. It was a normal thing for her to be worried about anything and everything. No matter how much she tried not to worry, she'd somehow find something to stress over, even if everything was fine.

"Father. You wished to speak to me?" Aenora stood with her hands held together behind her back.

Viserys turned from the window to face his daughter. He smiled lightly as a greeting.

"I did," he said.

"May I sit?"

"Yes, of course."

Both Aenora and Viserys took a seat across from each other. Aenora sat where Corlys Valeryon would usually be seated and Viserys sat in his own seat.

Aenora tapped her fingers on the wooden table. "What is it you want to talk about?" she asked.

Viserys cleared his throat as he looked away from his daughter. He questioned his decisions at that moment. He did not want to tell his first born child, his first born daughter, that she was old enough to be wed. Viserys dreaded this day, but he knew it had to come. He did not want to see Aenora leave home.

"It is time for you to marry, Aenora. I already have a few proposals."

This didn't come to as a shock to Aenora, but it also wasn't exciting. She knew this day would eventually come, honestly she thought it'd be sooner. Aenora looked at her father with worry evident in her eyes, she wondered who the proposals were from. Aenora knew her father would never force her into a marriage with someone she wouldn't want to be with. Though, she never thought of who she would like to wed.

Aenora was well aware of the fact that who she did marry would have to be political. Viserys would never tell her this directly, but everyone understood this.