9. Heart break

Y/N: So, Angel. What should I do about Charlie? How do I tell her how I feel?

Angel: I dunno, just tell her? I don't really do romance, buuuuuut if you wanna know how to get in her pants-

Y/N: No thanks. I'll figure it out.

You walk away before Angel can continue. A direct approach might not be a bad idea. But what if she doesn't share your feelings? Ugh, things were so much easier when you didn't care about your own feelings. It's all because of her.

You decide it's best to go to your room and sleep on it. Maybe a clear head will help you figure things out.

---next morning---

You lay in your bed, wondering what to do with your day. It's probably not best to confront Charlie with your feelings right away. You hear your phone ding. It's Cherri, she wants to hang out. 

Y/N: Yeah, where/when?

Cherri: I'm outside, and now?

Y/N: Sure, be right there.

You get up and put some shoes on. You make your way out to the front door, seeing the others in the living room. 

Charlie: Hey, headed out?

Y/N: Yeah. A friend wants to hang out.

Charlie: Look at you, making friends!

You laugh slightly and walk out the front door. 

Cherri: About damn time!

Y/N: (eye roll) Oh shut up. Where are we going?

Cherri: To cause some chaos? What else?

You start walking to town discussing plans of attack and specific targets. Apparently some gang is trying to push into her territory. It seems like a pretty simple job. Show these assholes that they made a bad decision.

---20 minutes later---

Cherri: Hey, pricks! It's about time you learned your lesson!

Gangster: Ha! Like you and your little pretty boy there could do anything! Get em!

They immediately charge both of you. There's two in front of you and another to your left. Cherri has three going after her as well. She lights up some bombs and throws them at their chests. The explosions send pieces of them everywhere. 

Y/N: Not bad.

The demon on your left swings a pole at you. You duck under it and grab it's wrist. With your other hand you hit it's elbow, making the bone break out of it's skin. It shrieks as it drops to it's knees.

The other two try and rush you from the front. One tries to stab you which you step out of the way from. You redirect his hand into the other ones chest. It falls to the floor dead. You grab the other one by the back of the neck and drive it's face into the ground. You stomp on the back of it's head, hearing a loud crack.

Y/N: So much for that. Did you really need my help for that? You seem pretty capable, and they weren't that tough.

Cherri: I thought you could use some fun. Get out of that stuffy hotel.

Y/N: Right. Let's head back then.

Cherri: So, you got a girlfriend? 

Y/N: No. Why?

Cherri: Call it curiosity. 

The rest of the walk is relatively quiet. You keep seeing Cherri take peeks at you. You brush it off, it's not the first time someone has stared at you. You decide to text Charlie to let her know your almost back.

Y/N: Be back in about 10 minutes.

Charlie: Awesome! I'll see you soon! I've actually got something to talk to you about.

You put your phone away and face Cherri.

Y/N: Alright, it was fun, I guess. I'll catch you later.

You turn to walk into the building.

Cherri: Hold up.

You sigh as you go to turn around and Cherri grabs your arm. She forcefully turns you to face her and plants her lips on yours. Your face turns red and your eyes shoot open. Thoughts of Charlie race through your mind. You pull away and look at Cherri. Before you can say anything you hear a noise behind you.

You turn to see Charlie, tears forming in her eyes. 

Y/N: Charlie, this isn't, I'm not-

Charlie: No need to explain. Sorry to interrupt.

She walks into the hotel, leaving you with Cherri.

Y/N: I have to go. I'm sorry Cherri, but I have feelings for Charlie. I have to go.

Cherri: Then why didn't you say so! Go explain shit to her!

You nod as you head inside. How in the fuck do you fix this?