4. A potential issue

You're sitting on a couch in the lobby. You scroll through some music, listening to many different genres. As you start getting into a song the front door flies open.

You look over to see Angel walk in. He looks distraught. He's clearly been crying, and his clothes are ragged.

Y/N: Uh, everything ok Angel?

He looks at you and just walks by.

Angel: Like you'd even care.

You shrug. Honestly, you don't. But you're trying to keep up appearances. As you attempt to get back to your music the front door flies off it's hinges.

Henchmen: Anybody here see Angel? Spider demon, mostly white fur, different colored eyes.

Y/N: Can't say I have. Now fuck off.

Henchmen: You know who I work for? Fuckin Valentino. So maybe check your mouth, kid.

You turn towards him with your eyes glowing.

Y/N: And I suggest you leave before I make you.

The demon laughs in response. You pull a small pistol from your waistband, ready to be done with this asshole.

Charlie: What seems to be the issue? I could hear shouting.

Y/N: This dude works for Valentino. Lookin for some "Angel" or something.

You shoot Charlie a look. She nods.

Charlie: Sorry, nobody here by that name.

The demon looks between to two of you for a moment.

Henchmen: Ok, fair. But if I find out you two are lying, Valentino will burn this shit hole to the ground.

As he turns to leave he knocks a vase over. It shatters loudly as he laughs. Charlie let's out a sigh of relief.

Charlie: Thanks for sticking up for Angel Y/N. That's very unlike you.

Y/N: It's not like I enjoy his company all of a sudden. I just know how Valentino is with his, uh, "employees".

Charlie: Regardless, it was very sweet. Glad to see you're working on trying to be a better person!

She walks away humming. Trying to be a better person? Not a chance. That guy could come take Angel tonight and you wouldn't care.

But that would make Charlie sad though. With a heavy sigh you stand up and make your way to Angel's room.

Y/N: Hey Angel. Got a sec?

You hear a sniffle.

Angel: Yeah, come in.

You walk into his room. There's used kleenex everywhere.

Y/N: Valentino. How long have you been working for him?

Angel: What? Uh, a couple years now.

Y/N: Ok, ok. What did he do to upset you so much?

Angel: I-I....I don't wanna talk about it. Just know that sometimes I do things that I don't want to do.

Why does that piss you off?

Angel: Why are you asking me all this?

Y/N: No reason. I'll see you in a bit.

You walk out and decide to go to Valentinos. For some reason you feel like you have to do something.

You can kill him. That'd get you in trouble. Hell, even going there to threaten him will get you scolded if you find out.

Arriving at his strip club, a bouncer blocks your path.

Bouncer: Who the fuck are you?

Y/N: Somebody in a bad fucking mood. Now move.

Bouncer: Not gonna happen little-

You grav him and throw him out of your way. Walking in, the music is loud. Overbearing. It reeks of booze and cigarettes.

You walk up to the bar.

Bartender: What'll it be, buddy?

Y/N: Get Valentino now. Tell him it's an important visitor.

The imp scoffs and picks up a phone.

Bartender: ey boss. Some guy here to see you. Didn't give no name.

You notice a curtain move slightly on a window.

Bartender: Uh huh. Yeah, ok. Boss man will see you. Up the stairs right there.

You turn without a word and walk up to the office.

Valentino: Come on in, son of Kalus. To what do I owe the pleasure?

Y/N: Angel. Leave Angel alone.

Valentino looks shocked.

Valentino: Oh? And why would I do that? Angels my biggest money maker.

A glass on his desk breaks.

Y/N: Because I'm asking you so nicely.

Valentino: You really think I'm scared of you and your stupid fucking power? Get the fuck out of here befo-

You lunge at him in the blink of an eye and grab his throat.

Y/N: Listen here prick. You're interrupting something important to me. FUCK. OFF.

You toss him to the ground and turn to leave.

Valentino: You're gonna regret this. That fucking bitch Angel too!

You scoff while flipping him off.

Y/N: Fuckin doubt it, douchebag.

You leave the club uninterrupted and head home. You walk in to see Charlie, Vaggie, and Angel hanging out in the lobby.

Y/N: Hey everyone.

Charlie turns and gives you a big smile.

Charlie: Hi Y/N! Where have you been.

Y/N: Just out for a walk. To clear my mind or whatever. Oh and Angel? I talked to that person who was mean to you. He won't do it again.

Angel takes a minute to process. When it finally clicks he looks shocked.

Angel: You didn't have to do that.

Y/N: (you shrug) But I did. And here we are. Don't expect it to be a regular thing.

You start heading back to your room.

Vaggie: You better not have caused any trouble!

Y/N: Not me! I'd never!

You laugh as you walk away. You need to be ready for Valentino to strike back. There's no way he leaves this be.