Chapter 4: The New Gift!

——————————🌺——————————

Everyone started to flood towards the Madrigal's house, and Luisa was out front carrying peoples donkeys over to a pen. Camilo was also out front greeting everyone, by shapeshifting into them.

Casita extends some tiles on the wall so that people could hang their hats, and she was also cooking on the grill for others.

Luisa walked by with some kids on her back, while Isaiah flung flower petals everywhere as Mariana watched him. He also put flower crowns on some of the kids and even a flower beard on one guy.

Isaiah perked up when he heard soft giggling, and turned to see (Y/n) trying to hide her laughter behind her hand. He smirked and gestured for her to come dance with him.

Her eyes widened and she shook her head and hands to politely decline, but Isaiah was having none of it. He waved his hand and made flowers grow all over her dress and shoes and in her hair.

He then made a vine sprout in front of his feet and it shot at (Y/n), wrapping around her waist, and gently but firmly pulled her over to him.

(Y/n) bumped into his chest and he wrapped his arms around her waist trapping her. He took her hand in his and he lead her though a dance. She glanced at him and saw that he was giving her a genuine smile.

She couldn't help but smile back and laugh. Unbeknownst to her, Isaiah's eyes lit up at her laugh. It was one of his favorite sounds after all.

...

Mirabel and led Antonio to his family who were waiting behind a curtain for him.

"There you are!" Felix laughed.

"Look at you! All grown up." His mother cooed, and a rain cloud appeared above her.

"Pepi, amor, you're gonna get him all wet." Felix shooed the cloud away.

Camilo shifted into a mini Felix. "You are making your papa proud." He said.

"I don't sound like that." Felix said.

"I don't sound like that." Camilo mimicked.

"Abuela says it's time." Dolores informed.

"Well be waiting at your door." Pepa whispered.

"Okay, okay, vamo vamo vamo." Felix ushered to his family.

"Okay okay, vamo vamo vamo." Camilo imitated before his father picked him up by the shoulders and dragged him away. "Ok, I'm done!"

...

Abuela was standing on the stairs, holding the candle.

"Fifty years ago, in our darkest moment, this candle blessed us with a miracle. And the greatest honor of our family has been to use our blessings to serve this beloved community. Tonight, we come together once more as another steps into the light to make us proud."

The curtain opened and Antonio stood there as spotlights were placed on him, and Casita created a path to his door. Everyone burst out into applause and cheers which slowly died down as Antonio still hadn't moved.

He looked over to Mirabel and held out his hand for her.

"I can't." Mirabel whispered.

"I need you." Antonio whispered back.

Mirabel stepped out and grabbed Antonio's hand. Everyone accept (Y/n) was shocked.

"Come on. Let's get you to your door." She said, and started walking down the aisle with Antonio.

As they were walking, Mirabel started having flashbacks to her Gift ceremony.

She saw her little five year old self, walking up to the door and putting her small hand on the doorknob, waiting anxiously to see what her Gift is, but instead, the door faded away and disappeared. The candle in Abuela's hands began to flicker and she looked at Mirabel with a scared expression.

"And will you use your Gift to honor our miracle? Will you serve this community and strengthen our home?" Abuela asked.

Antonio placed his hands on the candle and nodded.

Antonio walked up to the door and everyone waited with baited breath as he placed his hand on the doorknob.

As soon as he did, the door lit up and everyone watched in awe. Suddenly a toucan landed on Antonio's arm, and started chirping at him.

Antonio responded to the animal. "Uh-huh, uh-huh. I understand you." The bird squawked some more. "Of course they can come!"

Suddenly, the house was flooded with birds and other animals, as a picture of Antonio appeared on the door.

Abuela sighed in relief before announcing, "We have a new Gift!"

Everyone cheered in excitement.

Antonio opened the door to his new room which was jungle themed with a giant tree in the middle of the room.

"It's bigger on the inside?!" One kid exclaimed.

Antonio looked at his room in awe as a jaguar came up behind him  and threw him onto his back.

The jaguar jumped up the tree and and flung Antonio into a hammock that he bounced off of and landed on a slide which he slid down and flew into the air again, and landed back onto the jaguar's back which rode him back to his family who cheered for him.

Mirabel smiled at her little cousin and (Y/n) came up next to her and placed her hand on her shoulder and squeezed. She smiled and squeezed her hand to let her know she was okay.

Abuela came up to Antonio and grabbed his face. "I knew you could do it. A Gift just as special as you."

Mirabel's smile faded.

"We need a picture!" Abuela announced. "Everyone! Come, come, come! It's a great night, it's a perfect night!"

Everyone walked off to take a picture, and     (Y/n) nudged her to go join. Mirabel simply shook her head and (Y/n) frowned.

"Everyone together."

"La Familia Madrigal!" They all said in unison.

——————————🌺——————————