Chapter 1: Introduction

——————————🌺——————————

"Open your eyes."

A little girl with black curly hair, and round glasses named Mirabel was sitting on her Abuela's lap. She opened her little eyes and came face to face with a magical, glowing candle.

She let out a little gasp. "This is where our magic comes from?"

"Mm-Hmm." Abuela responded. "This candle holds the miracle given to our family."

"How did we get a miracle?" Mirabel asked.

"Long ago, when my three babies had just been born, your Abuelo Pedro and I were forced to flee our home. And though many joined us, hoping to find a new home, we could not escape the dangers and your Abuelo was lost. But in our darkest moment, we were given a miracle. The candle became a magical flame that could never go out. And it blessed us with a refuge in which to live. A place of wonder."

"An Encanto!" Mirabel realized.

"An Encanto." Abuela confirmed. "The miracle grew. And our house, our Casita itself came alive to shelter us. When my children came of age, the miracle blessed each with a magic Gift to help us. And when their children came of age..."

"They got magic too."

"That's right!" Abuela chuckled. "And together, our family's Gifts have made our new home a paradise. Tonight, this candle will give you your Gift, mi vida. Strengthen our community, strengthen our home. Make your family proud." Abuela tucked a loose curl behind the little girl's ear.

"Make my family proud." She recited.

Fireworks exploded in the distance, and Casita moved a clock along the floorboards to signal that it was time.

"Yes, yes, Casita, we're going!"

Mirabel got off her Abuela's lap, and Casita moved her shoes in front of her so she could put them on. Mirabel then grabbed Abuela's hand and helped her up.

"What do you think my Gift will be?" She asked.

"You are a wonder, Mirabel Madrigal. Whatever Gift awaits, will be just as special as you."

...

Mirabel stood in front of a path that led to her special door. The crowd watched as she made her way down the aisle.

As she was walking, she turned her head and spotted a little girl in the crowd. She had (h/l) (h/c) hair and beautiful (e/c) eyes and (s/c) skin. It was her best friend (Y/n). Mirabel gave her a little excited wave, and the girl waved back.

Once Mirabel had passed, (Y/n) looked across and saw a cute little boy looking over at her. He waved at her as well and she shyly waved back.

The little boy waved his hand and a vine rose up from the floor and a beautiful flower appeared at the end of it. The little girl's eyes widened in awe and she picked the flower and put it in her hair and sent the boy a grateful smile and he winked back at her.

Meanwhile, Mirabel made it to the top of the stairs, and faced a magical glowing door, that would reveal her gift. The small girl stood on her tip toes and placed her hand on the doorknob.

——————————🌺——————————